The UM Scholars program is a paid summer internship program that connects students from the University of Maryland College Park (UMCP) with faculty from the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) to collaborate on research projects. It is part of the University of Maryland Strategic Partnership: MPowering the State (or MPower).
Faculty members mentor students during the 10-week summer program with the hopes of expanding their knowledge about specific topics in nursing research and exposing them to various research careers available to doctoral-prepared nurses.
What You'll Do
- You'll be exposed to each element of the research process, including lab skills, data skills, and data collection.
- Tasks will vary by project and faculty member.
- The program runs for 10 weeks, full time, beginning in early June.
- You'll work with your mentor to establish a work schedule.
- This experience takes place at the UMB campus.