If you’re interested in taking a course or two to get a head start at UMSON, to fulfill credits, or for personal or professional enrichment, you can register as a Coursework Only (non-degree) student.
How Coursework Only (CWO) Status Works:
- You may take a maximum of two courses under this status.
- You can count up to two courses toward a future degree (must earn a minimum of "B" to apply toward degree).
- You can also use this option as a way to get a jump start on your coursework (for example, an admitted student could take CWO prior to starting classes in the fall).
- Space is limited in many courses and degree-seeking students get priority registration.
- CWO status does not qualify students for federal, state, or institutional financial aid.
Many students take advantage of CWO status to get a feel for what pursuing a graduate degree at UMSON will be like and to demonstrate their ability to be successful here. However, CWO status and performance in CWO courses does not guarantee admission to a degree program. If you plan to enroll in an UMSON degree program in the future, you must submit a new application and follow all admission policies.
We recommend reviewing our academic programs to explore the many ways we can help you achieve your educational goals.