Expand your skills. Expand your opportunities.
No one’s ever truly done learning. The University of Maryland School of Nursing offers a variety of graduate-level certificates in a breadth of contemporary nursing specialties critical to today’s health care workforce. With a certificate from UMSON, you’ll get experience in emerging fields, allowing you to pursue exciting new opportunities within your organization and beyond.
Why should you earn a certificate?
- You can gain experience in emerging fields, allowing you to pursue new opportunities within your organization and beyond.
- You can complete the programs fully online (some with an in-person practicum), allowing you to balance school, work, and family responsibilities.
- You can prepare for certification by national boards.
- You can apply up to 6 credits toward a degree program at UMSON, allowing you to get a feel for graduate-level education while earning your certificate.
- You can apply federal student aid to certificate completion.
- These concise programs are easy to complete in just one or two years.
More information about each certificate program:
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner / Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-Family
We have those too. If you’re a doctoral-prepared nurse and you want to add or change your area of specialty, our certificates prepare you for certification in that specialty. Learn more.