On display in the Living History Museum are several hundred diverse artifacts ranging from nursing uniforms to medical instruments nurses used on their daily rounds.
- early instructional textbooks
- contents from a 1910 private duty nurse’s traveling bag
- a model of Mary V. Neal's original rocking hammock.
The museum's archival collection consists of an extensive holding of documents and photographs from UMSON’s history and administration, from the School's founding in 1889 to the present day. Among the holdings are:
- war-time correspondences from nurses serving in the military
- late 19th century photographs of University Hospital
- documents regarding the legal battle of the School’s first African-American student to gain admittance
- papers from the Alumni Association's founding in the 1890’s
- class photographs.
View some of the museum collections below.
(Select a photograph to enlarge it.)