28th Summer Institute in Nursing Informatics
Balancing Digital Demands: Access, Use, Security
Preconferences: Tuesday, July 17
Conference: Wednesday, July 18-Friday, July 20
Master the essentials of informatics and explore technologies that enhance health, the health care environment, and patient engagement in a modern world. Known for providing unique networking opportunities with experts and leaders in informatics, SINI will introduce you to innovations leading and supporting practice transformation.
The focus of this year’s conference is cybersecurity, including enhanced use and availability of technologies in the health care environment.
At the end of this conference, learners will be able to:
- Describe the role of the informatics nurse related to access, use, and security of digital data and technologies in health care.
- Ensure enhanced use, security, and availability of technologies.
- Explore key issues in establishing and maintaining health care data confidentiality and security, to include factors related to the social determinants of health.
- Examine practical challenges and develop strategies in managing the security of medical devices, including patient engagement tools, used in health care settings.
SINI 2018 features four educational tracks, including a special track designed specifically for nursing informatics novices.
|Track A||(Novice) Nursing Informatics’ Role Related to Access, Use, and Security of Digital Data and Technologies in Health Care
This track is designed for attendees with less than two years of experience in the health care informatics field to introduce essential components and competencies in clinical informatics related to access, use, and security of digital data and technologies.
Large-Scale Disasters and Business Continuity Planning
Key Issues in Data Access, Use, and Security to Include Factors Related to Social Determinants of Health
Cybersecurity in Using Mobile Devices in Health Care Settings
There is one full-day and one half-day preconference offered on Tuesday, July 17, 2018, that include:
- Full Day: Mobile Nursing App Prototyping (DIY)
- Half Day: Leadership Skills for the New Health Care Organization’s Data Steward
The Poster Session will provide further opportunities to explore and discuss peer-reviewed reports with authors. This session takes place Thursday, July 19, from 2:15-3:15 p.m.