After you submit your application for one of UMSON’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program specialties, the admissions committee will review your application. The next step, if you’re invited, is to interview with the committee.
Please note that the interview invite will be emailed to the email address that you have listed on your application.
What Happens During the Interview
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing suggests that prospective students should be prepared to share the following information during their DNP interview:
- life experiences that have influenced an interest in nursing
- personal strengths, skills, and aptitudes that will contribute to a continued career in nursing
- personal academic challenges and successes that have affected your nursing goals
- obstacles encountered while achieving career goals
- your personal and professional goals and how earning a DNP will help you achieve them.
Preparing for Your Interview
- We recommend that you review the AACN Essentials in advance.
- Be sure to attend a DNP online chat. You can view all upcoming chats on the Visit Us page, under the DNP Events accordion.
- Review our Doctor of Nursing Practice FAQs.
Next Steps After Your Interview
After you have attended your interview, the admissions committee will deliberate, and you will receive an email regarding your application decision.