The Governor’s Wellmobile program, operated by the University of Maryland School of Nursing, delivers primary and preventive health care to underserved patients in Maryland.
Staffed by nurse practitioners, a bilingual (Spanish-speaking) outreach worker, and a driver, the Wellmobile serves areas with limited or no access to health care.
- Primary care, including managing chronic conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and high cholesterol
- Preventive care, including health teaching (healthy food choices/exercise); blood pressure and blood glucose monitoring; cervical cancer screening and clinical breast exams; and referrals for free mammography and colonoscopy screening
- Community outreach, including help with scheduling appointments, arranging lab work and imaging studies, making referrals, and more
Patients can make appointments by calling the toll-free number at 866-228-9668.
Where We Operate
The Wellmobile operates in Central Maryland, primarily in Prince George’s County.
In-person and telehealth services are offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the Spanish Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 8400 Carroll Ave., Takoma Park, Maryland.
We have three Wellmobile trucks and anticipate adding two more in fall 2024.
By meeting the primary and preventive health care needs of underserved and uninsured patients, we help to support healthy, vibrant communities in Central Maryland.
As a clinical site, the Wellmobile helps prepare a strong nursing workforce with an emphasis on community and public health and advanced nursing practice.
- Provide primary and preventive health care services to geographically underserved communities and uninsured individuals across the state.
- Provide principal training sites that will expand student learning opportunities in the care of underserved populations.