Alumni Resources and Benefits
As an UMSON graduate, you are automatically a member of the Alumni Association. Below are a few benefits that come with your membership!
If you're a student or alumni, the Office of Academic and Career Success can help you find and apply for positions. Our services include:
- 1:1 career counseling
- career workshops and fairs
- employer lobby days
- mock interviews
- resume and cover letter assistance
To schedule career counseling or resume/cover letter assistance for students or alumni: Schedule with Christine King. Please send a draft of your resume and/or cover letter to us BEFORE scheduling an appointment.
- Résumé Guide (PDF)
- Cover Letter Guide (PDF)
- Sample Resume for Student Nurse/CNA/Patient Tech No. 1
- Sample Resume for Student Nurse/CNA/Patient Tech No. 2
- Sample Resume for Entry-Level RN
UMSON Student Resources:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Information
- Entry-Into-Practice Faculty/Academic Advisor Recommendation Request Form
- NCLEX-RN Preparation and Resources
As an UMSON graduate, you are welcome to join us at an upcoming Career Fair, where you can meet with recruiters looking to hire School of Nursing students andalumni. Career Fairs happen in the fall and spring.
As an UMSON alumnus, you will receive invitations to special events and programs, including the annual all alumni reunion, regional alumni events, lectures, and professional educationprograms.
To ensure you receive these messages, update your contact information.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore's Health Sciences and Human Services Library (HS/HSL) is open to the public and anyone may use the library’s resources in-house. UMSON alumni are eligible to borrow books by becoming a library member.
To become a member, bring your driver’s license or a Maryland identification card to the Information Services desk in the library, complete a membership form, and pay the annual membership fee. Your annual membership privileges include:
- Borrowing privileges from the book collections
- Unlimited access to HS/HSL public computers.
UMSON alumni may receive discounted rates for many professional development and continuing education programs administered by the More Information. The office produces life-long learning programs for nurses and other professionals, and is an accredited provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
UMSON alumni receive a complimentary copy of Nursing For/um, the School's biannual magazine, as well as monthly electronic newsletters. These publications are designed to inform, engage, inspire, and connect our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and other constituents of the School.
If you are not receiving these publications, please update your contact information.
SECU is a full-service credit union that exists for one purpose: to help members achieve their financial goals and dreams. To join SECU, call 410-487-SECU or visit their website.
UMSON spirit merchandise is available for purchase online. Some items available include:
- notecards with historical images from the UMSON Living History Museum
- a plush crab in UMSON’s school colors
- a spacious tote bag with UMSON- and University of Maryland Medical Center-inspired artwork
- An UMSON license plate frame that will show your pride no matter where you travel in your car!
The Southern Management Corporation Campus Center is located right next door to UMSON. This facility features state-of-the art exercise equipment, exercise classes, an indoor pool, and running track.
As an UMSON alumnus you are eligible for a discounted membership at the primary rate level. Stay in shape and access recreation programs and activities year-round with a URecFit pass.