Eligibility and Application
Above: A visual representation of the words NLI Fellows used to describe the program during their final evaluations. The size of each word is proportional to the number of times it appeared.
Before You Begin
Carefully review all of the information on this webpage as well as the following webpages:
Applicants are required to have institutional support for their participation in this program.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Jill Sullivan at 410-706-7679 or via email.
Applicants are registered nurses with:
- an active Maryland nursing license
- a graduate degree OR
- a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and:
- enrollment in a graduate program OR
- two years in a leadership position
Employed in Maryland within either:
- a health care system
- a public health/community health organization
- demonstrate leadership potential through your work and professional activities
- provide documented support from your institution's leadership to participate in all NLI activities
- provide documented commitment from a nurse mentor
2023 - 24 Application Timeline
|March 27||Applications Open|
|May 1||Early (priority) application submission deadline|
|May 15||Final application submission deadline|
|June 7||Applicant notified of decision|
|June 14||Applicant confirms acceptance|
Completed applications received by the posted deadline will be reviewed by a committee comprised of academic and practice leaders. All applicants will receive notification of the committee’s decision.
Submit your application using the red button above.
Please ensure you have the documents below ready before you begin the application because you will not have the opportunity to save your work after you start.
Copy of Active Nursing License
a two-page personal narrative that describes:
- career path and accomplishments to date
- present and future goals
- what you expect to achieve through your participation in this program
Your Professional Curriculum Vitae
Current Job Description
- include the number of years in the position
For BSN Applicants Only:
- Proof of Registration in Graduate Program OR
- Description of 2 years in leadership (should be included in the personal narrative)
Mentor Letter of Support
- a brief description of the mentor’s career and accomplishments
- a commitment to support the nominee through the yearlong program
- a commitment to attend mentor designated activities
Mentor Curriculum Vitae