The Administrative Services Sponsored Projects Team facilitates submission of funding proposals, including application process and procedures, so investigators can concentrate on the scientific components of a proposal. Staff members provide the following services:
- Help identify funding sources based on faculty research interest
- Provide an online mechanism to initiate the grant submission and track the submission through the stages of internal UMSON approval (Department Chair, Associate Dean for Research, and Mock Review Panel)
- Provide administrative assistance to maintain and update biosketches
- Assist in preparation of a grant budget and develop subcontracts
- Coordinate mock reviews and provide written feedback to investigators
- Prepare final grant documents and submit the application, including sign off by the University of Maryland Office of Research and Development, and submission to the reviewing/granting agency
In addition to assisting investigators, the pre-award staff captures proposal data and tracks funding successes to better manage UMSON resources and learn best practices for successful funding applications.
Funding Proposal Review Resources:
If you will be working with graduate assistants, please review:
- UMSON Policy and Procedure for Hiring Graduate Assistants
- University of Maryland, Baltimore Policy on Graduate Assistants
Questions? Contact us.
|Steven Pease, MS
Assistant Dean, Research and Finance Administration, AS
Phone Number: 410-706-1166