Recognized by the University of Maryland, Baltimore as a Center of Excellence in 2012, CHEOR is directed by Yolanda Ogbolu, PhD, CRNP-Neonatal, FNAP, FAAN The center provides numerous activities to support its researchers in training, service, and discovery.
Our mission is to improve health outcomes and eliminate health inequities. We aim to:
- Generate knowledge about the complex causal influences that affect health and inequities in outcomes
- Identify, intervene, and dismantle social and institutional systems and structures that impede health equity and outcomes, including addressing racism and social determinants of health
- Create social impact through changes in policy, clinical, and community practice.
Our vision is to be a thriving research center for interprofessional scientists to collaborate and act to address complex health outcomes and health inequities through contextually rich research. We will:
- Have multi/interdisciplinary membership
- Involve researchers at all phases of experience from students to National Institutes of Health (NIH) recipients
- Engage clinical, community, and research-intensive perspectives.