Recognized by the University of Maryland, Baltimore as a Center of Excellence in 2012, CHEOR provides numerous activities to support its researchers in training, service, and discovery.
Our mission is to improve health outcomes and eliminate health inequities. We aim to:
- Generate knowledge about the complex causal influences that affect health and inequities in outcomes
- Identify, intervene, and dismantle social and institutional systems and structures that impede health equity and outcomes, including addressing racism and social determinants of health
- Create social impact through changes in policy, clinical, and community practice.
Our vision is to be a thriving research center for interprofessional scientists to collaborate and act to address complex health outcomes and health inequities through contextually rich research. We will:
- Have multi/interdisciplinary membership
- Involve researchers at all phases of experience from students to National Institutes of Health (NIH) recipients
- Engage clinical, community, and research-intensive perspectives.
- Michael Lepore, PhD, co-director
- Yolanda Ogbolu, PhD, CRNP-Neonatal, FNAP, FAAN, co-director