Karin Russ, MS, RN
Clinical Instructor, USG
Building I, Suite 309 at USG
Office Hours: Tuesdays, 1-4 p.m.
- MS, Health Services Leadership and Management, University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Post-Master's Certificate, Teaching in Nursing, University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Post-Master's Certificate, Environmental Health Nursing, University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Russ, KG, Howard, SG. (July 5, 2016). Developmental Exposure to Environmental Chemicals and Metabolic Changes in Children. Current Problems in Pediatric and Adolescent Health Care, Volume 46, Issue 8 , 255 – 285.
- Ruggles, R., Russ, K. (November, 2014). Energy & Health in Maryland: A Briefing for Health Professionals. Maryland Environmental Health Network.
- Huffling, K., Russ, K. (June, 2013). Facts on Fracking: for Health Professionals, Patients and Legislators. Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments.
- Ruggles, R., Berlin, R., Russ, K., Levin, J., Carter, M. (January 2013). Maryland Children’s Environmental Health Progress Report. Maryland Environmental Health Network.
- Russ K., (2009). A Review of the Evidence: Health Effects of Personal Care Products. Nursing for Women's Health. Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses: 13(5), 392–401.
Primary Teaching Areas
- Public Health: Population-Focused Nursing Care
- Climate Change and Health
Academic and Professional Activities
- Chair, Maryland Nurses Association’s Environmental Health Committee
- Founding Steering Committee Member, Maryland Environmental Health Network
- Member, American Public Health Association
- Member, National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences Public Interest Partners
- Member, Alliance of Nurses for Health Environments