December 2021 Graduation
Thursday, Dec. 16
12 N. Eutaw St., Baltimore, MD 21201
What is stringing?
Stringing is an UMSON tradition in which graduating BSN and CNL students decorate their uniform tops. Tops are then displayed and voted on by staff, faculty, and other students for creativity. Uniforms are "strung" as part of graduation activities.
What regalia do I need?
BSN, RN-BSN, RN-MSN
Bachelor’s cap, gown, tassel and red stole with UMB logo
Master’s cap, gown, hood and red stole with UMB logo
MSN (except CNL)
Master’s cap, gown, and hood
Doctoral cap, gown, and tassel with doctoral hood
Doctoral cap, gown, and tassel.
How do I order regalia?
- Order regalia through Oak Hill
- Order announcements, nursing pins, rings, and frames through Herff Jones
When will I get my diploma?
- Virtual Ceremony: Diplomas will be mailed to you approximately six weeks after end of term.
- Winter Graduation: Diplomas will be mailed to you approximately the third week in January.
- Spring Graduation: Diplomas are distributed at commencement. If you do not pick up your diploma it will be mailed to you approximately three weeks after graduation.
Mailed diplomas go to the address listed in the Student User Friendly System (SURFS).
When will my transcript reflect my degree?
- Winter Graduation: after the second week in January
- Spring Graduation: after the second week in June
If you would like to order a transcript with your degree, click the "Hold for Degree" box when you fill out your transcript request. After degrees are applied, transcripts will be mailed to the address provided on the request form.
With the ceremony being virtual, will I still receive my pin and/or cord(s)?
Yes, any ceremonial items you would have received at an in-person graduation ceremony, based on academic program and performance, will be mailed to you at your address on file in SURFS. For May 2021 graduates, the items will be mailed in May 2021. Our hope is that graduates will receive them prior to the Virtual Degree Conferral ceremony.
Where can I find information about the NCLEX-RN?
Visit our NCLEX-RN Preparation and Resources webpage for comprehensive information about applying for RN licensure by examination.
Questions? Contact the Office of Registration and Clinical Placements by email (email@example.com) or phone (410-706-2799).
- December 2021 Baltimore and USG Ceremony Program
- December 2021 Alumni (2020 and May 2021) Ceremony Program
- December 2021 Photo Gallery
- December 2021 Photo Montage
- May 2021 Virtual Degree Conferral Recording
- May 2021 Virtual Degree Conferral Program
- May 2021 Photo Montage
- December 2020 Virtual Degree Conferral Recording
- December 2020 Virtual Degree Conferral Program
- December 2020 Photo Montage
- May 2020 Virtual Degree Conferral Video
- May 2020 Virtual Degree Conferral Program
- May 2020 Photo Montage
- December 2019 Graduation (Baltimore) Photo Gallery
- December 2019 Graduation (Universities at Shady Grove) Photo Gallery
- May 2019 Convocation Photo Gallery
- May 2019 Convocation Video (PW: UMB19)
- May 2019 Convocation Video Captions
- December 2018 Graduation (Baltimore) Photo Gallery
- December 2018 Graduation (Universities at Shady Grove) Photo Gallery
- May 2018 Convocation Photo Gallery
- December 2017 Graduation (Baltimore) Photo Gallery
- December 2017 Graduation (Universities at Shady Grove) Photo Gallery
- May 2017 Convocation Photo Gallery