Welcome to the University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON)! Now there are just a few more steps before you start classes.
Within two weeks of your dated acceptance letter, you must submit a signed confirmation form and deposit to the Office of Admissions.
Create your UMID and password, and set up your email account.
- Go to UMB Account Management and click “New User, Set Up Account” at the bottom.
- A prompt will appear requesting you to create a user ID and password.
Your campus email address is the only official way UMSON will relay important information to you electronically. When you are eligible to create your “official” campus email address, you will receive a message from UMSON to the personal email we have on file with further instructions.
If you haven’t already done so, complete:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): It’s free and is necessary to qualify for grants, loans, and scholarships.
- Application for In-State Classification: This form is necessary if you wish to be considered for in-state classification.
- Student Health Insurance Waiver: This form is necessary if you already have health insurance and do not want student health insurance.
You can also learn more about financial aid and scholarships available through UMSON.
Class registration information for:
As a new student, there are several requirements that must be completed prior to your enrollment, including:
- student health immunization requirements
- UMSON compliance documents
- background check and drug test
- Summer 2017: May 1
- Fall 2017: Aug. 10
UMSON uses the Maryland Hospital Association’s designated vendor, Castle Branch, to manage and review these requirements.
Immunizations and certifications will need to be reviewed throughout your time at UMSON, and it is your responsibility to monitor your Castle Branch account and maintain your compliance. We highly encourage you to print the Compliance Self Tracker and post it in a visible place in your home/office to remind you of upcoming compliance dates. You will also receive notifications from Castle Branch 21 days prior to a requirement’s expiration date.
Printable Compliance Requirements by Program:
Entry Into Practice Programs:
Programs for Registered Nurses:
- If you need assistance, please contact Castle Branch at 888-723-4263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any immunization questions, please contact Student Health at 667-214-1883 or email@example.com or visit them at 29 S. Paca St., Baltimore, MD 21201.
- If you are a BSN, RN-to-BSN/MS, or CNL student, please contact Mikki Coleman at 410-706-7686 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her in room 104.
- If you are a graduate or doctoral student, please contact the Office of the Academic Deans at 410-706-4359 or email@example.com or visit Room 518.
Your One Card is your official identification card and is required for entrance into all buildings on the University of Maryland campus. You can also use it to access URecFit and to pay for parking. Follow these steps to get your card.
You are required to obtain IDs from both UMB and Shady Grove.
- UMB: Follow these steps to get your card.
- USG: You will obtain your USG ID during orientation.
We’re so glad you chose UMSON. If you have any questions along the way, contact us:
Office of Admissions
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 W. Lombard St., Suite 102
Baltimore, MD 21201
410-706-0501 (option #2)