BA dual MS/MBA degree that allows you to blend your health care background with business skills and expertise.
The MS/MBA option allows you to complete a Master of Science (MS) with a Health Services Leadership and Management specialty and a Master of Business Administration (MBA). It positions you to manage the business of health care as an administrator in a health care system and for senior management-level decision-making on financial, strategic planning, resource management, and governance issues.
Graduates are awarded:
- an MS with a Health Services Leadership and Management specialty from the University of Maryland, Baltimore
- an MBA from the University of Baltimore Robert G. Merrick School of Business or the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park.
The MS/MBA program:
- involves 66-72 credits of required coursework
- can be completed in two years of rigorous full-time, year-round study
- can be completed part time over as many as seven years.
Your business background prepares you to contribute to the development of new approaches to providing health care services. You might work in finance, marketing, or HR within a health care organization or serve as the director of operational services, a finance officer, a chief nursing officer, or a consultant.