Advance your career at your hospital. We can help you move ahead.
If you’re employed at one of our 18 partnership hospitals, you can continue your education online and receive advising and other benefits on site.
- You’ll receive direct attention from a doctorally prepared faculty member at UMSON and a nurse at your partnership hospital. These two nurses will work together to mentor, advise, and guide you through your program and your career progression.
- You can complete this program exclusively online (but still have face-to-face contact with your designated advisor) other than the clinical component.
- You’ll work with your faculty advisor to develop your practicum site, so you’ll receive support every step of the way.
- You may have no out-of-pocket cost to complete your master’s degree. (Contact your hospital’s human resources department for more information.)
- You can take advantage of UMSON resources, including a 23,000-member-strong alumni network, career support, and campus facilities such as URecFit and the Health Sciences and Human Services Library.
- online, 31-credit program
- offers flexibility, individual advisement, and personalized assistance from application submission through graduation
- convenient public health practicum placement working with your hospital and our staff
- RN-to-MS (Health Services Leadership and Management specialty)
- courses may be completed online, 63-credit program
- earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing after completing 31 credits; for Associate Degree in Nursing graduates, this combined program allows you to earn your master’s degree with 6 fewer credits than completing your BSN and MS degrees separately, saving you time and money
- individual advising throughout the program and practicum placements arranged for you
- MS (Health Services Leadership and Management specialty)
- courses may be completed online, 38-credit program
- for nurse leaders, managers and administrators
- develop a focus in high-level health services management or in education to serve as a clinical instructor, faculty, preceptor and/or mentor
- preceptored practicums individually arranged in concert with your career goals
- MS/MBA Dual Degree
- 66- to 72-credit dual-degree program with the AACSB-accredited University of Baltimore MBA
- online, face to face, or in a hybrid format
- preparation in health services leadership and management and business administration
- earn two degrees with individual advising from each program
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Atlantic General Hospital
- UM Baltimore-Washington Medical Center
- Calvert Memorial Hospital
- Carroll Hospital Center
- UM Charles Regional Medical Center
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- UM Harford Memorial Hospital
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Meritus Medical Center
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- UMMC Midtown Campus
- Dimensions Health Prince George’s Hospital Center
- UM Saint Joseph Medical Center
- MedStar Saint Mary’s Hospital
- UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center
This Academic-Hospital Partnership is funded through the Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission and administered by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (www.nursesupport.org). The University of Maryland School of Nursing is working to meet the goals set forth in the Institute of Medicine’s Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health report by increasing the number of nurses earning baccalaureate and master’s degrees.