Susan L. Bindon, DNP, RN-BC, CNE
You are here:
Assistant Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-8049
- DNP, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, 2011
- Post-Graduate Certificate, Teaching in Nursing and Health Professions, University of Maryland School of Nursing, 2010
- MS, Medical-Surgical Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 1995
- BSN, Nursing, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Bindon, S. L., (2013). Online learning in nursing professional development. In C. O’Neil and C. Fisher (Eds.), Developing online learning environments in nursing education. (3rd ed.) New York, New York: Springer Publishing.
- Bindon, S. L., Davenport, J. M. (2013). Developing a professional poster: Four "P"s for advanced practice nurses to consider, AACN Advanced Critical Care, 24:2 pg. 169-176.
- Bindon, S.L., (2010). Guest Editorial, Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 26:6, pg. 243.
- Bindon, S. L. (2009). Ten lessons in ten years, Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 25:3, pg. 150-153.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- NURS 787: Theoretical Foundations of Teaching and Learning
- NURS 792: Practicum in Teaching-Preceptor
Academic & Professional Activities:
- Co Editor-in-Chief, Journal for Nurses in Professional Development, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Publishers
- 2014: National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator
- 2012-2014: Board of Directors, Association of Nursing Professional Development
- 2013-2014: Faculty Practice-Center for Professional Practice and Development, University of Maryland Medical Center
- 2011-2013: Faculty Practice-Education Resource Center, LifeBridge Health
- 2009-2013: American Nurses Credentialing Center Certification Review Course Instructor
- 2007-2017: ANCC Board Certified in Nursing Professional Development
- 2013: Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) New Nurse Faculty Fellowship
- 2010-2012: Website Editor, Journal for Nurses in Staff Development
- 2007-2012: Editorial Board, Journal for Nurses in Staff Development