Susan M. Antol, PhD, MS, RN
Assistant Professor, PPEP
Director, Wellmobile and School-Based Wellness Programs
Phone Number: 410-706-5145
Fax Number: 410-706-0140
- PhD, University of Maryland, College Park School of Public Health (Behavioral and Community Health) 2016
- MS, Community Health Nursing, University of Maryland Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, 1979
- BS, Nursing, Carlow College, Pittsburgh, PA, 1975
- PI, Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) Nurse Education Practice Quality and Retention (NEPQR) Bridging Interprofessional Practice and Education with Integrated Care through a Medical Neighborhood FY2016-FY2018, $1,007,076.
- PI, Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Nursing Education Dissertation Grant (NEDG), Predictors of Patient Activation among Underserved Patients in a Nurse-managed Health Center: A Pilot Study, June -2013- June 2016, $20,000.
- Co-PI (Nahm, ES, PI), UMSON Office of Research DRIF, Development and Testing of a Mobile Website for Mobile Clinic Patients, March 2012-February 2013.
- PI, Johns Hopkins University NIOSH ERC Research Training Award: Health Issues of Female Mexican Crab Pickers, November 1, 2004-June 30, 2006.
- PI, Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Governor’s Wellmobile Program, July 1, 2009-June 30, 2017.
- PI, Director School-based Programs, Managed School-based Health Center Activities at 4 sites in 2 Counties, FY 2014; 2 sites in 1 County FY 2015.
- PI, Pregnancy and Tobacco Cessation Help (PATCH) in Kent County, County Health Department, FY 2014.
- PI, Technical Assistance SEED School of Maryland School-based Health Center Project, December 2012-January 31, 2014.
- PI, CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield, Upper Eastern Shore Primary Care and Services Linkages Project, January 1, 2012-June 30, 2015.
- Caremark Trust Lower Eastern Shore Homeless Primary Health Care and Service Linkages Project, January 2012-January 2013.
- PI, Queenstown Apartment Pilot Project, Edgewood Management Corporation, July 7-August 5, 2011.
- PI, Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women’s Health, 2010 Women’s Health Week, Women Owning Our Own Health, May 2010.
- Antol, S. Interprofessional Practice Measurement and Evaluation (2017). in Eds. C. Waltz, O. Strickland, & E. Lenz, Measurement in Nursing and Health Research, 5th Ed. NY: Springer Publishing Co.
- Oros, M, Johantgen, M, Antol, S, Heller, B, Ravella, P. (2001). Community-based nursing centers: Challenges and opportunities in implementation and sustainability. Policy, Politics and Nursing Practice, 2, 277-278.
- Antol, S. Predictors of Patient Activation in a Nurse-managed Health Center- A Pilot Study.
Fostering Innovation, Susataining Transformation- The Future of Nurse-Led Care. National Nurse-Led Care Consortium, 13th Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA, November 10, 2016.
- Antol, S. & Collins, C.S. Creating A Sustainable Nurse Managed Mobile Primary Care Clinic As an Extension of a Rural Health Delivery System. Workshop. Nurse Managed Health Centers: Turning the Affordable Care Act into Action, National Nursing Centers Consortium, 11th Annual Conference, Alexandria, VA, June 9, 2014.
- Antol, S. Self-Management Tips For Patient Centered Medical Homes. Webinar presented to the Maryland Patient Centered Medical Homes Learning Collaborative, April 22, 2014.
- Antol, S. Creating a Sustainable Nurse Managed Mobile Primary Care Clinic as an Extension of a Rural Health Delivery System. UMB/UMCP SPH Research Day, April 8, 2014 Poster presentation.
- Antol, S. Analysis of Insurance Status of a Rural Nurse Managed Mobile Safety Net Clinic Patient Panel. UMB/UMCP SPH Research Day, April 4, 2013 Poster presentation.
- Nahm, ES; Antol, SM; Plummer, L; Pinna, J; Brown, J; Rietschel, M; Kapustin, JF; Carter-Pokras. OD; & Zhang, D. Development and Testing of a Mobile Health Website for Mobile Clinic Patients," presentation in Symposium 04 “The Use of Emergent Technology to Assess and Intervene with Multiple Health Behaviors in Racial/Ethnic Minority Populations, 3-20-2013, 34th Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, March 20-23, 2013, San Francisco, CA.
- Panel member). Antol, S., Cole, C, Bearch, C. Community Engagement for Safety, Delmarva Foundation for Quality care, MPSC Safe from Falls Outcomes Congress, Clarksville, MD June 20, 2012.
- Antol, S. Partnership Strategies for Sustainability in the New Era of Health Reform. Nurse-Managed Health Clinics, Innovations that Work. 9th Annual Conference Nurse Managed Health Centers, National Nursing Centers Consortium, San Antonio, March 16, 2011.
- Antol, S. Progress on Enhancing Maryland's School-based Health Center Sustainability Through Advocacy, Partnership, and Proposed Regulation Changes, 8th Annual Conference Nurse - Managed Health Centers, National Nursing Centers Consortium, Philadelphia. November 7, 2009.
- Bellows, D., Patel, S., Antol, S., & Desmond, S. (Poster). Validating Dimensions and Measures of Social Influence. Graduate Research Interaction Day, University of Maryland School of Public Health, College Park, MD, September 25, 2009.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 418: Rural Health Nursing
Academic & Professional Activities
- 2014-Present: Legislative Committee Member, Maryland Rural Health Association
- 2013: Maryland Rural Health Delivery Task Force Member, Maryland Health Care Commission
- 2013-Present: Member, Maryland Rural Health Association
- 2012-2016: Board Member, Maryland Association of School-Based Health Centers
- 2012-Present: Affiliate Faculty Member, UMCP SPH Prevention Research Center (PRC)
- 2012-2015: Appointed Member, Governor’s School-based Health Center Policy Advisory Council
- 2009-Present: Director, Wellmobile and School-based Programs
- 2005-Present: Member, Association Community Health Nursing Educators (ACHNE)
- 2003-Present: Member, National Nursing Centers Consortium (NNCC)
- 2003-2016: Board Member, Baltimore Schweitzer Fellows
- 2002-Present: Member, UMMS (Campus) Credentialing Committee
- 1975-Present: Member, American Nurses Association, Maryland Nurses Association