Shannon Reedy Idzik, DNP, CRNP, FAANP, FAAN
Associate Dean for the DNP Program
Associate Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-8129
Fax Number: 410-706-3769
- DNP, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2010
- Post-Master’s Certificate, Teaching in Nursing and Health Professions Certificate Program, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2009
- MS, Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2003
- BS, Nursing, York College of Pennsylvania, York, PA, 1996
- Gutchell, V. Idzik, S. & Lazear, J. (2014) An Evidence-based Path to Removing APRN Practice Barriers. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 10(4), 255-261. doi:10.1016/j.nurpra.2014.02.005
- Koo, L., Hammersla, M., Windemuth, B., & Idzik, S. (2013). Developing Standardized Patient Clinical Simulations to Apply Concepts of Interdisciplinary Collaboration. The Journal for Nursing Education. 52, (12):705-8. doi: 10.3928/01484834-20131121-04
- Newhouse, R., Buckley, K., Grant, M. and Idzik, S. (2013). Reconceptualization of a Doctoral EBP Course from In Class to Blended Format: Lessons Learned from a Successful Transition. Journal of Professional Nursing, 29 (4), 225-232. doi:10.1016/j.profnurs.2012.05.019
- Idzik, S. & Krauss, E. (2013). Evaluating and Managing Dental Complaints in Primary and Urgent Care Settings. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 9 (6), 329-338.
- Idzik, S., Troeleman, N. & Mielke, A. (2013). Bariatric Surgery: Considerations for the OR Nurse.OR Nurse 2013, 7 (1), 13-20.
- Sabol, V., Hammersla, M., & Idzik, S. (2012) Incorporating Obesity Education into Adult Primary and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Programs. Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care. 7 (2),62-69.
- Mouneke, P. & Idzik, S. (2011). Nutritional Resources for Post Bariatric Surgery Patients and Health Care Workers. Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care. 6 (2), 99-102
- Idzik, S. & Davenport, J. (2011). A Program to Increase Bariatric Surgery Referrals Through Clinical Practice Guidelines. Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care. 6 (1), 25-32
- Idzik, S. (2011). Point Counter-point: Support for Master’s Prepared Preceptors for DNP Students. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 7 (1), 36-37.
- Reedy, S. & Blum, K. (2010). Applying Middle Range Nursing Theory to Bariatric Surgery Patients: Experiencing Transitions. Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care. 5 (1), 35-43.
- Koo, L., Reedy, S. & Smith, J. (2010). Peripheral Edema: Assessment, differential diagnosis, and treatment. The Nurse Practitioner, 35(3), 44-52.
- Kutten, J. & Reedy, S. (2009). Are you tuned in to your deaf patients? The Nurse Practitioner, 34(8), 44-49.
- Reedy, S. (2009). An evidence based review of obesity and bariatric surgery. Journal for Nurse Practitioners. January 2009.
Recent Book Chapters
- Wilson, M., Idzik, S. & Conrad, D. (2013). Committee Dynamics. In D. Conrad, K. Moran, R. Burson (Eds.), The DNP Scholarly Project: A Framework for Success. Burlington, MA:. Jones and Bartlett.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 810: Evidence Based Health Policy
- NDNP 810: Capstone Project Identification
- NURS 619: Clinical Practicum in Primary Care I
- NURS 620: Diagnosis & Management in Adult Primary Care I
- NRSG 630: Advanced Primary Care Clinical
- NURS 716: Diagnosis & Management in Adult Primary Care II
- NURS 717: Clinical Practicum in Primary Care II
- NURS 768: Clinical Practicum for Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 788: Complex Clinical Practicum for Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 789: Advanced Diagnosis and Management of Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 794: Advanced Clinical Practicum for Adults Across the Lifespan
Academic & Professional Activities
- Faculty Practice Site: University of Maryland Medical Center
- Member, AACN DNP Implementation Taskforce
- Member, NONPF Conference Planning Committee
- Subcommittee #1 Leader, Maryland Action Coalition
- Immediate Past-President, Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Nurse Practitioners
- Reviewer, Journal of Professional Nursing and Journal of Nurse Practitioners
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau, Pi Chapter
- Idzik, S. Awarded a grant of $299,928 by the Health Services Cost Review Commission of the Maryland and the Maryland Higher Education Commission to fund a project titled Interprofessional Education: A Faculty Development Initiative; 2013-2015