Nancy B. Lerner, DNP, RN, CDONA
You are here:
Assistant Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-1037
Fax Number: 410-706-0344
- DNP, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
- MSN, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
- BSN, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
- Nursing Home Quality Outcomes
- Job Satisfaction
- Lerner, N.B., Trinkoff, A. M., Storr, C. L., Johantgen, M., Han, K. and Gartrell, K. (2014). Nursing home leadership tenure and resident care outcomes. Journal of Nursing Regulation 5(3).
- Han, K., Trinkoff, A. M., Storr, C. L., Lerner, N., Johantgen, M., & Gartrell, K. (2014). Associations between state regulations, training length, perceived quality and job satisfaction among certified nursing assistants: Cross-sectional secondary data analysis. International Journal of Nursing Studies 51(8), 1135-1141.
- Lerner, N.B., Johantgen, M., Trinkoff, A.M., Storr, C.L., Han, K., (2014) Are nursing home survey deficiencies higher in facilities with greater staff turnover, Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 15(2), 102-107.
- Trinkoff, A.M., Han, K., Storr, C.L., Lerner, N., Johantgen, M., Kim, K., (in press). Turnover, staffing, skill mix and resident outcomes in a national sample of US nursing homes. Journal of Nursing Administration
- Lerner, N. (2013). The relationship between nursing staff levels, skill mix and deficiencies in Maryland Nursing homes. Health Care Manager, 32(2), 123-128
- Trinkoff, A.M., Johantgen, M., Lerner, N., Storr, C.L., Han, K., McElroy, K. (2013). State regulatory oversight of certified nursing assistants and residents outcomes. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 3 (4). p 53-59.
- Lerner, N., Resnick,B., Galik, E., Flynn, L. (2011). Job satisfaction in nursing assistants, Journal of Nursing Administration, 41 (11), p. 473-478.
- Lerner, N., Resnick, B., Galik, E., Flynn, L (2010). A step by step approach to improving job satisfaction and reducing turnover in nursing assistants in nursing homes, The Director, 18 (3), pp 41-48.
- Lerner, N., Resnick, B., Galik, E., Russ, K. (2010). Advanced nursing assistant training program, Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 41 (8), p. 356-362.
Primary Teaching Areas
DNP program: NDNP 809: Complex Healthcare Organizations, NDNP 815: Leadership and Collaboration
BSN program: NURS 317: Fundamentals of Nursing in Older Adults
Academic & Professional Activities
- 2013: ANCC Pathway to Excellence Appraiser
- 2012-Present: Geriatrics and Gerontology Education and Research Participant in Interdisciplinary Education Activities