Nancy B. Lerner, DNP, RN, CDONA
Associate Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-1037
Fax Number: 410-706-0344
- DNP, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
- MSN, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
- BSN, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
- Nursing Home Quality Outcomes
- Job Satisfaction
- Trinkoff, A.M., Storr, C.L., Lerner, N. B., Yang, B. K., Han, K. (2016). CNA training requirements and resident care outcomes in nursing homes. Gerontologist. Advance online publication. doi:10.1093/geront/gnw049.
- Liu, W., Galik, E., Boltz, M., Nahm, E.S, Lerner, N. B., Resnick, B. (2015) Factors associated with eating performance for long-term care residents with moderate to severe dementia. Journal of Advanced Nursing. DOI:10.1111/jan12846
- Galik, E., Resnick, B., Lerner, N., Hammersla, M., Gruber-Baldini, A. (2015). Function focused care for assisted living residents with dementia. The Gerontologist 55(1:S) 13-26 DOI:10.1093/geront/gnu173.
- Trinkoff, A.M., Lerner, N.B., Storr, C. L. H, K, Johantgen, M. E., Gartrell, K (2014). Leadership education, certification and resident outcomes in US nursing homes: Cross-sectional secondary data analysis. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 52(1), 334-344.
- Lerner, N.B., Trinkoff, A. M., Storr, C. L., Johantgen, M., Han, K. and Gartrell, K. (2014). Nursing home leadership tenure and resident care outcomes. Journal of Nursing Regulation 5(3).
- Han, K., Trinkoff, A. M., Storr, C. L., Lerner, N., Johantgen, M., & Gartrell, K. (2014). Associations between state regulations, training length, perceived quality and job satisfaction among certified nursing assistants: Cross-sectional secondary data analysis. International Journal of Nursing Studies 51(8), 1135-1141.
- Lerner, N.B., Johantgen, M., Trinkoff, A.M., Storr, C.L., Han, K., (2014) Are nursing home survey deficiencies higher in facilities with greater staff turnover, Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 15(2), 102-107.
- Trinkoff, A.M., Han, K., Storr, C.L., Lerner, N., Johantgen, M., Kim, K., (in press). Turnover, staffing, skill mix and resident outcomes in a national sample of US nursing homes. Journal of Nursing Administration
- Lerner, N. (2013). The relationship between nursing staff levels, skill mix and deficiencies in Maryland Nursing homes. Health Care Manager, 32(2), 123-128
- Trinkoff, A.M., Johantgen, M., Lerner, N., Storr, C.L., Han, K., McElroy, K. (2013). State regulatory oversight of certified nursing assistants and residents outcomes. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 3 (4). p 53-59.
- Lerner, N., Resnick,B., Galik, E., Flynn, L. (2011). Job satisfaction in nursing assistants, Journal of Nursing Administration, 41 (11), p. 473-478.
- Lerner, N., Resnick, B., Galik, E., Flynn, L (2010). A step by step approach to improving job satisfaction and reducing turnover in nursing assistants in nursing homes, The Director, 18 (3), pp 41-48.
- Lerner, N., Resnick, B., Galik, E., Russ, K. (2010). Advanced nursing assistant training program, Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 41 (8), p. 356-362.
Primary Teaching Areas
- Pathophysiology and Assessment (RN-to-BSN)
- Leadership Theory in Health Systems
- Leadership in Complex Adaptive Systems
- Practicum: Interdisciplinary Leadership in Complex Adaptive Systems
Academic & Professional Activities
- ANCC Pathway to Excellence Appraiser
- Geriatrics and Gerontology Education and Research Participant in Interdisciplinary Education Activities
- Reviewer for Presentations and Posters: Sigma Theta Tau; NGNA
- Article Reviewer: The Gerontologist; Journal of the American Medical Directors Association; Journal of Professional Nursing; BMC Geriatrics; Health Care Management Review