N. Jennifer Klinedinst, PhD, MPH, RN
You are here:
Assistant Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-3181
Fax Number: 410-706-3289
- PhD, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- MSN, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- MPH, Boston University, Boston, MA
- BSN, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA
- Principal Investigator with Barbara Resnick mentor. The role of genetics on depression, behavior to reduce depressive symptoms, and pain in older adults. (2012-2014) John A. Hartford Foundation.
- Principal Investigator with Barbara Resnick mentor. The role of genetics in depression and pain in older adults. (2012-2014) The Mayday Fund through the John A. Hartford Foundation.
- Principal Investigator. Genetic influences of older adults’ behavior to reduce depressive symptoms. (2012-2013) Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association Foundation.
- Klinedinst, N.J., Resnick, B. (2013 epub ahead of print). Volunteering and Depressive Symptoms among Residents in a Continuing Care Retirement Community. Journal of Gerontological Social Work.
- Klinedinst, N. J., Clark, P.C., Dunbar, S.B. (2013). Older adult stroke survivors discussing poststroke depressive symptoms with a healthcare provider: A preliminary analysis.Rehabilitation Psychology, 58, 263-271.
- Resnick, B., Klinedinst, J., Dorsey, S., Holtzman, L. (2013). Volunteer behavior and factors that influence volunteering among residents in Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Journal of Housing for the Elderly, 27, 161-176.
- Klinedinst, N.J., Dunbar, S. B., Clark, P.C. (2012). Stroke survivor and caregiver perceptions of post-stroke depressive symptoms. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 44(2), 72-81. doi:10.1097/JNN.0b013e3182477944.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 625: Introduction to Gerontological Nursing
- NURS 418: Processes of Aging
Academic & Professional Activities
- November 2012-Present: Member of Research Committee, Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
- March 2012: Member, NLN ACES (Advancing Care Excellence for Seniors) Think Tank Group
- 2011-2015: Stroke Committee in Council on Cardiovascular Nursing, American Heart Association
- 2013-2015: Stroke Leadership Committee, American Heart Association
- 2012-Present: Mock Review Committee, University of Maryland School of Nursing