Nicole (Jennifer) Klinedinst, PhD, MPH, MSN, RN, FAHA
Associate Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-3181
Fax Number: 410-706-3289
- PhD, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- MSN, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- MPH, Boston University, Boston, MA
- BSN, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA
- Prolongation of Platelet Storage Time by Protection Against Mitochondrial Energy Failure (G. Fiskum, PI; N.J. Klinedinst: Co-I) Funded 2014-2015 by U.S. Air Force.
- Biologic and genetic mechanisms for symptoms of fatigue and depression after a stroke (N. Klinedinst, PI; G. Fiskum, Co-I). University of Maryland School of Nursing DRIF funds.
- The role of genetics on depression, behavior to reduce depressive symptoms, and pain in older adults (N. Klinedinst, PI with Barbara Resnick mentor) John A. Hartford Foundation Claire M. Fagin Fellowship. 2012-2014 by John A. Hartford Foundation.
- The role of genetics in depression and pain in older adults (N. Klinedinst, PI with Barbara Resnick mentor) Research grant. Funded 2013-2014 by The Mayday Fund through the John A. Hartford Foundation.
- Genetic influences of older adults’ behavior to reduce depressive symptoms (N. Klinedinst, PI) 2012-2013 by Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association Foundation.
- Resnick, B., Klinedinst, N.J., Yerges-Armstrong, L., Dorsey, S. (Accepted 2015). The Impact of Genetics on Physical Resilience and Successful Aging, Journal of Aging and Health.
- Klinedinst, N.J., Resnick, B.R., Yerges-Armstrong, L.M., Dorsey, S. (Accepted 2015). The interplay of genetics, behavior, and pain with depressive symptoms in the elderly. The Gerontologist.
- Klinedinst, N.J., Resnick, B.R. (Accepted 2015). The 'Useful Depression Screening Tool for Older Adults': Psychometric properties and clinical applicability. Journal of Nursing Measurement.
- Klinedinst, N. J., Regenold, W.R. (2015). A bioenergetic basis for depression. Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes, 47(1-2), 155-171. doi: 10.1007/s10863-014-9584-6.
- Resnick, B., Hammersla, M., Michael, K. Galik, E., Klinedinst, N.J., Demehin, M. (2014) Changing Behavior in Senior Housing Residents: Testing of Phase I of PRAISEDD-2. Applied Nursing Research. 27(3), 162-169. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apnr.2013.12.005
- Klinedinst, N.J., Resnick, B. (2014). Resilience and Volunteering: A Critical Step to Maintaining Function among Older Adults with Depressive Symptoms and Mild Cognitive Impairment. Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation, 30, 181-187.
- Klinedinst, N.J., Resnick, B. (2014). Volunteering and Depressive Symptoms among Residents in a Continuing Care Retirement Community. Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 57(1), 52-71. doi:10.1080/01634372.2013.867294.
- Watson-Wolfe, K., Galik, E., Klinedinst, J., Brandt, N. (2014) Application of the Antipsychotic Use in Dementia Assessment audit tool to facilitate appropriate antipsychotic use in long term care residents with dementia. Geriatric Nursing, 35 (1), 71-76. doi: 10.1016/j.gerinurse.2013.09.002
- Resnick, B., Klinedinst, J., Dorsey, S., Holtzman, L. (2013). Volunteer behavior and factors that influence volunteering among residents in Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Journal of Housing for the Elderly, 27, 161-176.
- Resnick B, Michael K, Griffith K, Klinedinst J, Galik E. (2013) The Impact of PRAISEDD on Adherence and Initiation of Heart Health Behaviors in Senior Housing. Public Health Nursing. doi: 10.1111/phn.12080.
- Klinedinst, N. J., Clark, P.C., Dunbar, S.B. (2013). Older adult stroke survivors discussing post-stroke depressive symptoms with a healthcare provider: A preliminary analysis. Rehabilitation Psychology.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 840: Philosophy of Science and Theory
- NURS 780: Health Promotion and Population Health
- NURS 625: Introduction to Gerontological Nursing
- NURS 418: Processes of Aging
Academic & Professional Activities
- November 2012-Present: Member of Research Committee, Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
- March 2012: Member, NLN ACES (Advancing Care Excellence for Seniors) Think Tank Group
- 2011-2015: Stroke Committee in Council on Cardiovascular Nursing, American Heart Association
- 2013-2015: Stroke Leadership Committee, American Heart Association
- 2012-Present: Mock Review Committee, University of Maryland School of Nursing