Mary Pat Ulicny, MS, MHA, RN, CNE
Clinical Instructor, USG
Clinical Simulation Lab Director, USG
Building I, Room 323 at USG
- PhD Student, Duquesne University School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, PA, Present
- Graduate Coursework in Statistics, Duquesne University, School of Leadership and Professional Advancement, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013-2014
- MS, Health Services Leadership and Management, Education Focus, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, 2011
- MHA, Health Care Administration, University of Maryland, University College, College Park, MD
- BSN, Duquesne University School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, PA, 1990
- University of Maryland School of Nursing, Dean’s Teaching Grant, July 2010 (awarded jointly with Rebecca Wiseman, PhD, RN and Mary Regan, PhD, RN), “Evaluation of Faculty Competence and the Use of an Electronic Health Record in Undergraduate Nursing Education.”
- 2012 Health Information Technology Scholar (HITS) (awarded jointly with Pamela Shumate, DNP, RN, CCRN-CMC) University of Kansas funded by HRSA Grant, faculty mentor, Pamela Jeffries, PhD, RN, ANEF, FAAN
- Clark, K., Ulicny, M.P., Shumate, P., Wiseman, R., Harris, K., Congdon, H., Gonzales, J., Joyner, R., Guerra, A., Elkins, A., Rejent, D., and MacMillan, K. (2011, November). Inter-professional Approach to the Critically Ill Patient. Poster Presentation, Collaboration across Boarders Conference in Tucson, Arizona, November 19-21, 2011.
- Shumate, P. & Ulicny, M.P. (2013). Using Standardized Patients to Bring First Semester Curricula to Life. Poster presentation, Drexal University, Simulation in Healthcare conference, March 18-20, Clearwater Beach, FL.
- Shumate, P. & Ulicny, M. P.(2012, March 7). Promoting Patient Safety Using a “Speed Simulation” Lab Experience. Poster presentation, Teaching Better, Working Smarter: Practical Strategies conference, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD.
- Ulicny, M. P. (June, 2014). Interprofessional Education Opportunities in the Clinical Simulation Lab and Beyond. University of Maryland School of Nursing Institute for Educators Teaching Conference: “Teaching and Technology: What’s Now, What’s Next” conference on June, 13, 2014.
- Ulicny, M.P., Goodwin, J., Owens, D., and Shumate, P. (2013). An Unfolding Case Study for Senior Practicum Nursing Students. Poster presentation, 12th Annual International Nursing Simulation Resource Centers Conference (INACSL), Las Vegas, NV, June 12-15, 2013.
- Ulicny, M. P. & Owens, D. (2012, June). Using an academic electronic health record in a medical-surgical nursing course: Bridging the gap between classroom concepts and clinical rotations. Poster presentation, 11th Annual InternationalNursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference INACSL), UT (University of Texas) Health Science Center San Antonio School of Nursing, San Antonio, TX, June 20-23, 2012.
- Ulicny, M.P., Shumate, P. & Wiseman, R. (June, 2010). Using an Electronic Health Record in a Introduction to Professional Nursing Course. 10th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference INACSL), Orlando, FL, June 15-18, 2012, podium presentation.
- Wiseman, R. & Ulicny, M.P. (March, 2012). Evaluation of Faculty Competence and the Use of an Academic Electronic Health Record in Undergraduate Nursing Education. University of Maryland School of Nursing Teaching Grand Rounds, March 12, 2012.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 317: Fundamentals of Nursing Care in the Context of Older Adults, Lab Instructor
- NURS 314: Physiologic and Pharmacologic Considerations for Health Promotion, Lab Instructor
- NURS 418: Perioperative Nursing Elective
Academic & Professional Activities
- 2013-2015: Member, Student Affairs Committee
- 2013-Present: Member, Simulation and Technology Committee
- 2012-2016: Undergraduate Counselor, Shady Grove, Pi Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
- 2012-Present: Member, Pi Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
- 2010-2011: Member, Undergraduate Admissions Committee
- 2008-Present: Member, International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning
- Member, American Association of Colleges of Nursing (through UMSON)
- Member, National League for Nurses