Elizabeth Galik, PhD, CRNP
Assistant Professor, OSAH
- PhD, Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2007
- Post-masters Adult Nurse Practitioner Certificate, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, 1998
- MSN, Nursing, Villanova University, Villanova, PA, 1994
- BSN, Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1988
- Principle Investigator, Function Focused Care for Cognitively Impaired Residents in Assisted Living, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, 2009-2012
- Principle Investigator, Function Focused Nursing Intervention for Nursing Home Residents with Dementia, Alzheimer’s Association, 2010-2012
- Co-Investigator, Impact of Pets in Assisted Living, ISAZ-Waltham, 2010-2012
- Galik, E. (2010). Function Focused Care for Long-Term Care Residents with Moderate to Severe Cognitive Impairment: A Social Ecological Approach. Annals of Long-Term Care, 18(6), 27-33.
- Galik, E., Resnick, B., Pretzer-Aboff, I. (2009). Knowing what makes them tick: motivating cognitively impaired older adults to participate in restorative care. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 15(1), 48-55.
- Galik, E., Resnick, B., Gruber-Baldini, A., Nahm, E., Pearson, K., & Pretzer-Aboff, I. (2008). Pilot testing of the restorative care intervention for the cognitively impaired. Journal of the American Medical Director’s Association, 9(7), 516-522.
- Galik, E., & Resnick, B. (2007). Restorative care with the cognitively impaired: Moving beyond behavior. Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation, 23(2), 125-136.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Adult–Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Program
- NURS 687: Comprehensive Health Assessment of the Older Adult
Academic & Professional Activities:
- 2009-2012: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar
- 2010-2011: President-Elect, Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
- 2007-Present: Nurse Practitioner Faculty Practice, Roland Park Place, Baltimore, MD
- 2007-Present: Board of Directors, Maryland Gerontological Association