Tips for using Webex or any video-conferencing software, if you have limited or no Internet bandwidth:
- If you do not have strong WiFi -lower video quality or turn off your web camera, and better yet, share your content before the call.
- Close unnecessary applications - audio and video competes for the same resources and under pressure will impact the quality of your collaboration experience.
- If you have no WiFi - use the direct dial numbers for your meeting, which you can find in the invite.
- Enrich your collaboration experience - While working from home, there may be a lot of background noise. Consider muting yourself if you are not speaking.
- Webex can run outside of VPN - Turning off VPN for Webex can lead to a better experience for audio, video and sharing.
- For more tips and information on preserving network bandwidth please visit this page
- Setting up a phone conference line – Employees can use their Webex account to set up a phone conference line - https://help.webex.com/en-us/n84ij8t/Schedule-a-Personal-Conference-or-Audio-Only-Cisco-Webex-Meeting
- Microsoft Teams
- Team website - https://www.umaryland.edu/office365/teams/
- If you are a member of a Team access it at https://portal.office.com and select the Teams application
- If you would like a Team created, please send a request to https://cf.umaryland.edu/nursing/
- Webex Website and Getting Started Resources - https://www.umaryland.edu/cits/services/webex/
- Login to Webex – https://umaryland.webex.com/
- How to be a participant
- How to be a host
- *Note: Webex meeting has a maximum capacity of 1,000 participants joined by a computer or app and a limit of 500 phone connections.
- WebEx Teams
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Accessible in Blackboard courses and organizations
- Moderate Sessions Best Practices
- Websites and Resources
- *Note: Blackboard Collaborate has a maximum capacity of 250 participants joined by a computer or app
- Sharing a OneDrive file or folder