Accessing Resources - Connect and Plan Ahead
- Have access to a computer with a strong wired or wireless network connection
- Have a webcam and headset for use with web conferencing
- Become familiar with where to access technology resources
- Ensure that you know how to use the technology resources, if not reach out to the appropriate support
Remote access if intended for those individuals that have a desktop office computer and need remote access to Network Drives I and J (i.e. Department files), access to specialized software on their computer, or have special security configurations on their computer (i.e. Banner reports).
- If you are not currently set up for remote access to your office computer, please contact the help desk, https://cf.umaryland.edu/nursing/, to open a ticket for SON NACS to configure your account and office computer, and to forward the remote setup and usage instructions to you.
Currently Have Access
- If you believe you are already set up for remote access to your office computer, but need a refresher on how to use it, please contact the help desk, https://cf.umaryland.edu/nursing/, to open a ticket for SON NACS to verify your account and office computer configuration, and reissue the remote setup and usage instructions.
- Do not turn off your office computer. If the computer is turned off, you will not be able to connect to it remotely until it is powered on again. NACS will/may be unable to power on the computer.
- Do not put your office computer to sleep. Please sign out of your account, rather than putting the computer to sleep. If your computer is asleep, you will not be able to connect to it remotely until it is woken up. NACS will/may be unable to wake the computer.
- Please be sure to set up and test your remote connection before you actually need it.
- If you are unable to connect, please verify that you have a working internet connection, that you are connected to the VPN and that you have entered your remote computer name and your username in the complete format as indicated in the instructions.
- If you have been alerted that your password is expiring soon, please change it as soon as possible at https://directory.umaryland.edu/. UMSON NACS is no longer able to facilitate password changes. They are now self-service.
- Please the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at the Universities at Shady Grove (USG)
- Email - email@example.com
- Phone - 301-738-6363