Nina Trocky, DNP, RN, NE-BC, CNE
Associate Dean for the Baccalaureate Program
Associate Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-3687
Fax Number: 410-706-0344
- Post-Master's Certificate, Teaching in Nursing and Health Professions, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
- DNP, Waynesburg University, Canonsburg, PA
- MSN, Community Health, The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
- BSN, Nursing, Temple University, School of Allied Health, Philadelphia, PA
- “PTECH: High School, ADN, BSN.” P. I. Nina Trocky. 2018. Nurse Support Program II funded by the Maryland Higher Education Commission. Project length- July 2018 to June 2021.
- “Preparation of Innovative RN-to-BSN Nursing Workforce with Expertise in Care Coordination Supported by Health Information Technology and Analytics.” P.I. Eun-Shim Nahm & Nina Trocky. 2016. Nurse Support Program II funded by the Maryland Higher Education Commission. Project length- July 2016 to July 2019.
- “RN to BSN program at the Laurel Center through the development and implementation of an enhanced practicum learning experience.” P.I. Nina Trocky. 2016. non-USM Regional Higher Education Incentive Grant. Project length- September 2016-August 2018.
- “Registered Nurse to Bachelors in Nursing (RN to BSN): Laurel College Center.” P.I. Janice Hoffman. Project Faculty, Nina Trocky (50%). Nurse Support Program II funded by the Maryland Higher Education Commission. Project length- July 2014 to June 2016.
- “Improving Heart Failure Outcomes (IHO) in Rural Hospitals.” P.I. Robin Newhouse and Daniel Mullins, Co-investigators Meg Johantgen, Sue Thomas, & Nina Trocky (5%). AHRQ funded. IRB#: HP-00055798. Project length- October 1, 2013- September 30, 2014.
- “Increasing the Number of Baccalaureate Prepared Nurses in Maryland Through Revision and Enhancement of an RN to BSN Program.” P. I. Janice Hoffman. Faculty Coordinator Nina Trocky (50%). Nurse Support Program II funded by the Maryland Higher Education Commission. Project length- July 2013 to June 2015.
- “Effects of a Clicker Teaching Decision Tree on Nursing Research Knowledge, Interest and Course Satisfaction: A Pilot Study.” 2013 Deans Teaching Scholar Award. P.I. Nina Trocky, Lily Fountain, & Lynn Chen. IRB#: HP-00056272. Project length- July 2013 to June 2014.
- Wiseman, R., Trocky, N. M., Travis, P. T, & Kirschling, JM. (2017). Maryland action coalition: Academic progression takes several pathways. Nursing Education Perspectives, 38(5), E13-E17.
- Newhouse, R.P., Johantgen, M., Thomas, S., Trocky, N., Dennison-Himmelfarb, C., Cheon, J… Pruitt, R. (2017). Engaging patients with heart failure into the design of health system interventions: Impact on research methods. Geriatric Nursing, 38(4), 342-346.
- Trocky, N. M. (2017). Preparing direct care nurses to function as research coordinators in a heart failure study. Nurse Researcher, 25(2), 19-23.
- Njie-Carr, V., Ludeman, E., Lee, M. C., Dordunoo, D., Trocky, N. M., & Jenkins, L. (2017). An integrative review of flipped classroom teaching models in nursing education. Journal of Professional Nursing, 33(2), 133-144.
- Trocky, N. M., & Buckley, K. M. (2016). Evaluating the impact of wikis on student learning outcomes: An integrative review. Journal of Professional Nursing, 32(5), 364–376.
- Trocky, N. (2015). Manual for clinical trials nursing. In A. D. Klimaszewski, M. Bacon, H. E. Deininger, B. A. Ford, & J. G. Westendorp (Eds.), Clinical trials registries (3rd ed., pp. 247-255). Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Press.
- Trocky, N., & Ness, E. (2013). Institution and IRB registration: An overview. The Monitor, 27(5), 49-52.
- Trocky, N. (2013). Writing to improve readability: Creating a better informed consent document. The Monitor, 27(1), 24-28.
- Trovato, J. A., Trocky, N. M., Oktay, J. S., McGuire, D., & McLeskey, S. W. (2013). An interprofessional web-based approach to providing breast cancer education. Journal of Cancer Education, 28(4), 639-46.
- McGuire, D., McLeskey, S., Plusen, A., Trocky, N., & Griffith, K. (2012). Enhancing nurses’ breast cancer knowledge through a unique academic/foundation partnership. Oncology Nursing Forum, 39(3), E193.
- Trocky, N. Parker, R., Baird, C., & Pancari, J. (2011, October/December). Measuring quality: One hospice’s process. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 26(4), 344-349.
- Trocky, N., McLeskey, S. W., McGuire, D. B., Griffith, K., & Plusen, A. (2011). Improving nursing students’ breast cancer knowledge through a novel academic/non-profit foundation partnership. Journal of Nursing Education, 50(6), 341-344.
- McGuire, D.B., Griffith, K., Plusen, A., McLeskey, S.W., & Trocky, N. (2011). Oncology Nursing Forum, 38(4), A86.
- Trocky, N., & Evans, S. (2010) RECIST criteria: Documenting, measuring, and correcting the performance gap in tumor assessment data collection. Research Practitioner, 11(3), 102-110.
- Trocky, N., & Brandt, C. (2009). Process of data management. In S. C. Gad (Ed.), Clinical trials handbook (pp. 185-202). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 410: Healthcare Delivery System & Informatics
- NURS 450: RN to BSN Transition: Implications for Practice, Policy and the Profession
Academic & Professional Activities
- 2017-Present: President, Maryland Council of Deans and Directors of Nursing Programs
- 2016-Present: Associate Dean, Baccalaureate Program
- 2015-2016: Interim, Associate Dean, Baccalaureate Program
- 2014-2015: Director, RN-to-BSN Program
- 2013-2015: President, Faculty Senate
- 2010-2013: Member, Professional Development Committee, Association of Clinical Research Professionals