Kathryn Lothschuetz Montgomery, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
Associate Professor, PPEP
Chair, Department of Partnerships, Professional Education, & Practice
Phone Number: 410-706-8198
Fax Number: 410-706-0018
- PhD, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- MSN, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
- BSN, Barry University, Miami, FL
- Co-Investigator, project administrator DHMH and CDC, School Health Dashboard for State of Maryland Grant (2014-2015).
- Co-Investigator, DHMH and CMS, State Innovation Model planning grant, CIMH planning grant initiative (2013-2014).
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Care First, Project RN, $80,000 to advance doctoral preparation of future nurse faculty 2007-2008.
- American Organization of Nurse Executives: SEED Grant: “Advancing Evidence-Based Practice for Leaders and Professional Nurses: an Education and Service Collaboration: $6000.00 April 2007 to April 2008.
- Dean’s Teaching Scholar: “Leadership for Professional Practice” 2006-07 $5,000 Franklin Square Hospital Center match proposed of $5,000.
- U.S. Department of State Primary Medical Care Conferences, $ 400,000, 2003 – 2006. Principal Investigator, for the development of competency based programs for nurses practicing in embassies from around the world.
- Helene Fuld Health Trust, Leadership Development Grant, Leadership Competence for the New Millennium, $75,036, Project Director up to award of grant, September 2001.
- Quigley, L., Matsuoka, K. Samson, R. Herrera, L. Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz, Khanna, N. Nolan, T. (2014) Workforce Development in Maryland to Promote Clinical-Community Connections that Advance Payment and Delivery Reform. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 25 19-29.
- Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz (2011) Leadership Redefined: Educating the Doctorate of Nursing Practice Nurse Leader Through Innovation. Nursing Administration Quarterly. 35, No. 3, pp. 248–251
- Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz & Porter-O’Grady, T. (2010) Innovation and Learning: Creating the DNP Nurse Leader. Nurse Leader 8 (4)44-47.
- Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz &Geiger-Brown, J. (2010) Is it Time to Pull the Plug on 12 Hour-Shifts? Part 2 Barriers to Change and Executive Leadership Strategies. JONA 40(4)147-149.
- Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz (2010) How Nurses Make it Work. When Chicken Soup is Not Enough, Gordon, S.
- Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz (2007). Partnerships, Guest Editor, University of Maryland Nursing.Spring 4-5.
- Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz (2003). Special Section: Perspectives on Leadership, Guest Editorial, Policy, Politics, & Nursing Practice. 4 (4), 244-245.
- Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz (2003). Review of Health Care at the Crossroads: Strategies for Addressing the Evolving Nursing Crisis, Nursing Education Perspectives, 24 (2) p. 98.
- Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz (2003). Becoming a Follower: A New Competency for the Organizational Leader. Patient Care Management, 19 (2), 1-8.
- Montgomery, K. Lothschuetz. (2002). Leadership: an Old Topic with a New Face, Leading a Coalition. Patient Care Management, 17 (12), 10-12.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NDNP 800: Executive Leadership
- NDNP 809: Complex Health Care Systems
- NDNP 815: Leadership and Interprofessional Collaboration
Academic & Professional Activities
- 2012-Present: Co-Champion Leader, UMB Strategic Plan Implementation Theme “Pre Eminence as an Innovator”
- 2011-2015: Commissioner Maryland Health Care Commission, Governor’s Appointment, State Senate Confirmation to the MHCC
- Board of Visitors Member, College of Southern Maryland
- Quality Initiative Committee Member, State of Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission
- Academic Program Advisory Committee Member, Universities of Shady Grove
- Montgomery County Health Workforce Development Committee