Assistant Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-8574
- DNP, Nursing Educational Leadership, American Sentinel University, Aurora, CO, 2017
- MSN, Critical Care / Trauma CNS, University of California San Francisco, CA, 1992
- BSN, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, 1989
- ADN, Marymount University, Arlington, VA, 1986
- Wholihan, D., Bixby, K.A. & Bateman, J. (2016). Caring for Veterans. In Panke, J. T. & Coyne, P. J. (Eds.). Conversations in Palliative Care: Questions and answers with the experts (4th ed.) (Ch. 34). Pittsburgh, PA: Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association.
- Bixby, K.A. & Bateman, J. (2011). Caring for Veterans. In Panke, J. T. & Coyne, P. J. (Eds.). Conversations in Palliative Care (pp. 283-294). Pittsburgh, PA: Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association.
- Military to ADN Program: Program Development. AAFCT Conference, Harford Community College, January 2017.
- Military to ADN Program: Program Development. Council of College and Military Educators, February 2016, Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX.
- Nursing Assistant Engagement. Hospice and Palliative Care Conference, Orlando, Florida, July 2012.
- Caring for the Caregiver. Integrative Health Conference WRNMMC, Bethesda, MD, April 2012.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 503: Health Assessment across the Lifespan
Academic and Professional Activities
- Scholarship committee member, Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Association 2017-present
- Educational committee, Hospice and Palliative Care network of Maryland
- Peer Reviewer, Quality Matters 2015- present
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society