Clinical Instructor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-8046
- PhD in Nursing, School of Nursing The Catholic University of America, Washington DC. Expected Graduation, 2020.
- MSN, Adult Health Clinical Nurse Specialist (Specialty: Palliative Care), Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- BSN, School of Nursing, Clayton State University, Morrow, GA
- BA, Integrative Studies, Guilford College, Greensboro, NC
- medical surgical nursing
- end-of-life and palliative care
- palliative care in prisons
- simulation in nursing education
- theory-based nursing curriculum development.
- Burgess, A., Murphy Buc, H., Brennan, J. (2018) Using a complex patient management scenarios to help bridge the education practice gam. Nursing Education Perspectives 39(2). 116-118.
- Brinkley, E. Murphy Buc, H., (2016). New Models for a BSN Capstone: Caring Science and the Transformational Practice Project. Presented at The International Association for Human Caring and the Society of Rogerian Scholars Conference: Advancing Unitary and Caring Science for Nursing Praxis. June, Boston, MA.
- Murphy Buc, H. (2015). Providing Lay Leadership and Pastoral Care to Caregivers and Parishioners Dealing with Dementia and Cognitive Decline. Brown Memorial Park Avenue Presbyterian Church, Baltimore, MD.
- Loring-Davis, H. (2012). The Barthel Index: A Feasibility Study of the use of the Barthel Index in the Hospice Certification of Terminal Illness and Recertification Process. Gilchrist Hospice, Towson, MD.
- Loring-Davis, H. (2011). Do-Not-Resuscitate: DNR, AND, and MOLST; A brief history and update of current Maryland legislation. Living Legacy Foundation. Baltimore, MD
- Murphy Buc, H. Brinkley, E., Burgess, A. (2016) Teaching and Learning Through Caring Science: NCLEX Action Plan for Student Success. Presented at The American Association of Colleges of Nursing Faculty Development Conference, St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Murphy Buc, H. (2016) Think like a nurse: Learning Parkinson’s disease through reverse case study. Nurse Webinar Series, The Parkinson’s Foundation.
- Murphy Buc, H., Burgess, A., Brinkley, E. (2015) Peer-Editing: Building Research and Writing Skills for Professional Nursing Practice. Presented at The Institute for Educators at the University of Maryland, School of Nursing. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Burgess, A., Brinkley, E., Murphy Buc, H. (2015) NCLEX Action Plan: Student and Faculty Collaboration to Promote Self-Motivation for NCLEX Preparation. Presented at The Institute for Educators at the University of Maryland, School of Nursing. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Peters, J., Grant, M., Loring-Davis, H., Aslakson, R.A. (2015) Descriptive Experiences of Surgical Critical Care by Patients and Caregivers Following Discharge. The Society for Critical Care Medicine Annual Conference. Phoenix, Arizona.
Primary Teaching Areas
- medical surgical nursing
- end-of-Life and palliative care nursing