Dear Faculty and Staff,
I want to ensure that you have the most accurate and clear information regarding your SAFE on Campus screening and COVID-19 testing requirements. We have added a table that outlines these requirements to our COVID-19 website. Please review the table so you have accurate information about screening and testing requirements.
In addition, please note that nursing student requirements (outlined in a separate table) are different from requirements for employees. Please do not relay requirements that apply to employees to students, as it is causing confusion among our students.
If you are both a nursing student and an employee, student requirements take precedence. COVID-19 test results must be uploaded both to Castle Branch and SAFE on Campus.
Clinical Instructor Responsibilities
If you are a clinical instructor, the following responsibilities regarding compliance for nursing students apply:
- You must confirm SAFE on Campus clearance for any student physically accessing a learning activity. Check both the date on the screening and that the student has been cleared to attend the activity.
- Students must be in touch with you if they have been instructed to quarantine.
- If a student in your course has been instructed to quarantine, please work with your clinical course coordinator to develop alternate learning activities for the student.
Please contact us if you have any questions:
- If you have questions about employee requirements, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about requirements for nursing students, please contact the appropriate academic dean.
- If nursing students have questions about requirements, please refer them to the Office of the Registrar and Student Placements at email@example.com.
We’ll do our best to get back to you within two working days.
Please stay safe,
Jane Kirschling, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean and Professor