Dear Faculty and Staff,
During this telework period related to COVID-19, we will make every effort to receive and distribute mail and deliveries as we normally do. The University provided the following information related to its services:
- The UMB Mail Courier will provide delivery and pick-up once daily between 10 a.m. and noon.
- The UMB Mail Center’s operating hours will be 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. daily.
UMSON Facilities Management personnel will sort the mail several times during the week. The following protocols will be in place:
- Any promotional mail will be distributed to mail locations as is normal practice.
- Any mail addressed directly to an individual that appears to be school business related will be opened and reviewed for scanning and emailing to the individual.
- Any mail containing checks or payments will be given to Bill Gardiner for handling.
- If you are aware of or expecting anything specific that you need as soon as it comes in, please notify the Facilities Management team (Chris Evans at email@example.com, Megan Woolley at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Bill Gardiner at email@example.com).
For non-UMB mail deliveries, Facilities Management will receive the deliveries and hold them until employees are allowed to return to campus. If you should need something sooner, please contact the Facilities Management employees listed above.
Also note that Dean Kirschling and Bill Gardiner plan to be on site at UMSON in Baltimore daily; if you have left a hard-copy file, for example, in your office that you need urgently, the Dean or Bill are available to retrieve it and send it to you via a scanned PDF. Please contact them, copying both, for such requests at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Bill Gardiner, CPA, MBA
Associate Dean, Administration and Finance