The UMSON staff mentoring pilot program will run from Jan. 9, 2019-Dec. 1, 2019.
Mentors and mentees will work together until the end date or until the mentee's goals have been reached, whichever date comes first.
|Why be a mentee:||Why be a mentor:|
Training will be provided on Tuesday, Jan. 22 to help both mentees and mentors participate in the program and understand their roles. Lunch will be provided.
Benefits of the program:
- Boost retention and employee morale
- Expand employee skill development
- Promote professional development of staff
- Build professional relationships
- Strengthen the sense of community in the UMSON
- Improve employee engagement and job satisfaction
The program is open to all permanent, full-time staff.
Staff can apply for either or both roles (mentor and mentees).
We are asking mentors and mentees to meet or talk at least once/month for up to a year depending on the goals set. They can choose to meet more often if they would like.
We will ask staff to have their supervisor sign a form acknowledging and supporting their participation in the program:
- Supervisor Support Form
- Supervisor Support Form for Dual Roles (for people who would like to be both mentors and mentees)
Please complete the appropriate form and return it to Laurelyn Irving at email@example.com or in person to Room 505N.
Nov. 21 (We must have your application and supervisor support form by this date.)
This is a pilot program to be evaluated at the end of this cohort. For questions or more information, contact Laurelyn Irving at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6-8410