Network and Computer Services (NACS)
Student Computer Labs
The School of Nursing provides three computer labs, supported by the NACS team:
- Room 255: 20 desktop computers for use by all students. One computer has a desktop scanner.
- Room 430: 12 desktop computers and 12 open desks with power for personal laptop computers. This room is reserved for master’s program students.
- Room 440: 15 desktop computers and 8 open desks with power for personal laptop computers. One computer has a desktop scanner. This room is reserved for doctoral students.
Desktop computers have:
- Microsoft Office
- Internet Explorer
- Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS)
- DVD-RW drive
Each lab has a TV and VCR for viewing VHS tapes from the School of Nursing Videotape Library. A listing of all VHS tapes is available on the NACS’ videotape library Web page.
Go Print ©
Printing is available in all three student labs.
- Print cost: 10 cents per page. For two-sided printing, each side is considered a page.
- Pay for printed pages via UM One Card. You can add funds to your One Card in the SMCCC or HS/HSL.
- Instructions for using the Go Print© system are posted in each lab.
Campus Wireless Network
UMSON participates in the UMB campus wireless network.
- Use your myUM ID and password for authentication to the wireless network
- Find instructions for connecting to the wireless network on the CITS Communications Web page
- Contact the NACS team for help with accessing the wireless network within the UMSON building.
Student PC Requirements
Dell Laptop Purchase Program
- Visit the Customer Service Window in Room 211 (open 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 p.m.-5 p.m. Friday)
- Call: 410-706-4357
- Email: email@example.com