Special Event Planning
The principal purpose of the University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) facility is to educate students; therefore, academic courses and educational functions have priority for use of the facility. The UMSON facility may be used for other UMSON activities and by the larger University community, with priority given to UMSON activities. Authorization of facility use for outside groups is granted by the Office of Communications, Office of Professional Education, or Office of Administrative Services, depending on the function. All groups using University of Maryland facilities must comply with University standards and policies.
- Complete and submit a reservation request form online, or download the Word document here. Word documents should be submitted to email@example.com. Room styles and capacities can be found here.
- Allow at least two business days for a response.
- In certain instances, more information may be required. If necessary, a UMSON representative will contact the requester. Once approved, an email confirmation will be sent to the requester.
- Reservation requests must include a completed event form.
- Reservations are only considered once UMSON’s course schedule for that specific semester has been confirmed. The schedule is typically released one week prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Reservations are subject to change without notice.
- Reservations will automatically include 30 minutes for set-up and breakdown when an event includes audio-visual services. More time may be required when a reservation includes catering. This increase in time may impact the availability of the space.
- All events must end by 9 p.m. (including breakdown).
- Some events will require a walk-through of the space with the Facilities Management and IT teams prior to the date of the scheduled event. A floor plan will be drafted and approved by the Campus Fire Marshal. Due to fire code restrictions, seated meals are limited in the UMSON lobby. Other restrictions include the use of egress areas, which will be assessed by the UMSON Facilities Management team. Additional options, including re-arrangement of furniture, may be discussed during the walk-through.
- Some reservations will be assessed a fee for space and/or IT support. Fees are determined once all information regarding the request has been evaluated.
- To decrease damage to the facility, taping, adhering, or nailing items to walls or surfaces is not permitted.
- Consent Forms for videotaping, recording, and photography of the UMSON building is required by the Office of Communications.
- Invitations to the media must be coordinated through the Office of Communications.
- The use of the School’s logo or name must be evaluated in accordance with the School of Nursing Editorial Review Policy.
- Check the UMSON events calendar for possible conflicts with your event.
To reserve a Clinical Simulation Laboratory, email firstname.lastname@example.org.