Student Computer Labs
The School of Nursing provides three computer labs, supported by the NACS team:
- Room 255: 20 desktop computers for use by all students. One computer has a desktop scanner.
- Room 430: 12 desktop computers and 12 open desks with power for personal laptop computers. This room is reserved for master’s program students.
- Room 440: 15 desktop computers and 8 open desks with power for personal laptop computers. One computer has a desktop scanner. This room is reserved for doctoral students.
Desktop computers have:
- Microsoft Office
- Internet Explorer
- Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS)
- DVD-RW drive
Each lab has a TV and VCR for viewing VHS tapes from the School of Nursing Videotape Library. A listing of all VHS tapes is available on the NACS’ videotape library Web page.
Go Print ©
Printing is available in all three student labs.
- Print cost: 10 cents per page. For two-sided printing, each side is considered a page.
- Pay for printed pages via UM One Card. You can add funds to your One Card in the SMCCC or HS/HSL.
- Instructions for using the Go Print© system are posted in each lab.
Campus Wireless Network
UMSON participates in the UMB campus wireless network.
- Use your myUM ID and password for authentication to the wireless network
- Find instructions for connecting to the wireless network on the CITS Communications Web page
- Contact the NACS team for help with accessing the wireless network within the UMSON building.
Student PC Requirements
Read the basic computer requirements for all UMSON students.
Dell Laptop Purchase Program
Learn about the optional discounted Dell laptop purchase program for nursing students.
Network and Computer Services (NACS)
- Visit the Customer Service Window in Room 211 (open 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 p.m.-5 p.m. Friday)
- Call: 410-706-4357
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org