The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON), Department of Organizational Systems and Adult Health, is recruiting for a dynamic Senior Scientist with a strong, well-funded program of research. Candidates should have interests that align closely with one of UMSON’s two broad areas of research: Biology and Behavior Across the Lifespan or Health Outcomes Research.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,600 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through interprofessional research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Contributes to nursing science through the maintenance and growth of a robust program of extramurally-funded research
- Contributes to the tripartite mission of the School
- Mentors students and research intensive faculty
- Participates in School and campuswide faculty governance
- Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field required; post-doctoral research experience preferred
- Track record of R-level funded research required; current extramural funding strongly preferred
- Outstanding scholarly achievement in terms of data-based publications and
- Eligibility for appointment to tenure or tenure track at the rank of associate or full professor
- Demonstrated ability to mentor doctoral, graduate, and undergraduate students
- National/international recognition in the area of expertise preferred
- Strong record of research collaboration with interprofessional colleagues preferred
Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, résumé, and the names of three professional references to:
Robin Newhouse, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Chair, Department of Organizational Systems and Adult Health
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 502
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.