Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Faculty and Specialty Director
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON), Department of Family and Community Health is currently recruiting for a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP-Primary) and Specialty Director.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,700 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Provide pediatric nurse practitioner faculty leadership in academic activities and collaborate with other specialty directors
- Develop, teach, and evaluate courses and precepted experiences for undergraduate and graduate pediatric nurse practitioner students
- Advise and mentor students
- Participate in faculty governance
- PNP-Primary and/or Acute certification required
- Master’s degree in nursing required; doctoral degree in nursing or a related field required
- Current license to practice nursing in Maryland required
- Experience as a PNP required
- Academic teaching experience required
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Karen Kauffman, PhD, CRNP-BC
Chair, Department of Family and Community Health
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.