Director of Professional Education/Faculty
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) Office of Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives is searching for a faculty member to serve as Director of Professional Education, providing strategic direction and leadership for the professional educational activities within UMSON.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,700 students in its baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Achieves strategic and financial objectives of professional education within UMSON.
- Program development and outcomes assessment for all educational programming, assuring that the educational programming adds strategic value and positions UMSON as a leader.
- Provides general direction and leadership for all aspects of professional education program’s administration and functions, assuring maintenance and continuous improvements. Assumes the Lead Nurse planner role for meeting all ANCC standards for continuing education.
- Collaborates with faculty members from all departments and professional schools on the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) campus and with upper level administrators on a regular basis to set strategic goals/objectives and budgets for mutually agreed upon inter- and intra-professional educational functioning.
- Directs and manages staff members and contractual support to the department and works to achieve high performance in all team functions.
- Maintains and nurtures effective communication and partnerships throughout the UMB campus by conferring with business unit heads and campus leadership to identify and advance the position of UMSON as a leader and innovator.
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of a master’s degree; enrollment in a doctoral program or doctoral degree; and certification or equivalent in education, program design, program development, and project management preferred.
- Five years of clinical, administrative, or educational nursing practice that demonstrated progressively broader organizational leadership and program management functions.
- Professional licensure or eligibility in the state of Maryland to practice as a professional nurse.
Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three professional references to:
Kathryn Montgomery, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
Associate Dean for Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives & Associate Professor
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.