Organizational Systems and Adult Health Faculty
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON), Department of Organizational Systems and Adult Health is recruiting for a faculty member to participate in the clinical and didactic education of entry-level students.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,700 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Actively engages in the recruitment and advisement of students
- Teaches and mentors students in the undergraduate and entry-level master’s programs
- Works collaboratively with nursing colleagues and colleagues from other disciplines
- Maintains active involvement in professional organizations
- Actively seeks opportunities for and participates in departmental, UMSON, and University faculty governance
- Maintains a faculty practice
- Master’s degree in nursing required; doctoral degree or enrollment in a doctoral program in nursing or a related field required
- Current license to practice nursing in Maryland required
- Prior academic experience preferred
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Robin Newhouse, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Chair, Department of Organizational Systems and Adult Health
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.