Full-Time Nurse Anesthesia Faculty
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON), Department of Organizational Systems and Adult Health is currently recruiting for a full-time Nurse Anesthesia Faculty Member.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,600 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Teach graduate-level nurse anesthesia didactic and high-fidelity simulation as well as skills workshops
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of nurse anesthesia didactic and clinical courses
- Actively engage in the recruitment and advisement of students
- Work collaboratively with nursing colleagues and colleagues from other disciplines
- Participate actively in departmental, UMSON, and University committees and task forces
- Eligible for an RN license and certification as a nurse anesthetist in Maryland
- An earned doctoral degree in a related specialty. A master’s in nursing or master’s nurse anesthesia degree will be considered, however the selected candidate will be expected to obtain a doctoral degree within a specified timeframe.
- Prior experience in teaching nurse anesthesia students.
- At least two years of recent clinical experience as a certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) and current certification as a CRNA by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists. CRNAs with previous nurse practitioner experience also considered a plus.
- Evidence of interdisciplinary experience
Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, résumé, and the names of three professional references to:
Robin Newhouse, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Chair, Organizational Systems and Adult Health
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 502
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.