Community/Public Health - Office of Global Health Faculty (Haiti)
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is recruiting for a community/public health faculty member to join the Department of Family and Community Health.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,700 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. It is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law, and is becoming one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Participate in the development, teaching, organization, and evaluation of clinical and didactic education of students in the Haiti Institutional Strengthening Program’s HIV and Infectious Diseases Basic Nursing Certificate.
- Conduct program management responsibilities including oversight, planning, general program support, coordination, and relationship/partnership building with individual and institutional partners in Haiti and in Baltimore.
- Teach and mentor students in the Community/Public Health specialty area.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
- Master’s degree in community/public health nursing or master’s in public health required; commitment to applying to a doctoral program within one year of hire required; doctoral degree or enrollment in a doctoral program in nursing or a related field preferred
- Current license to practice nursing in Maryland required
- Experience in field of specialty required
- Prior teaching/academic experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in French or Haitian Creole required
- Experience in HIV, infectious diseases, and general pediatric and adult nursing preferred
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Karen Kauffman, PhD, CRNP-BC
Chair, Family and Community Health
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 502
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.