Vivian J. Koroknay, MS, RN, CRRN
Clinical Instructor, OSAH
Address:Universities at Shady Grove
9640 Gudelsky Drive, #305
Rockville, MD 20850
- Graduate Certificate, Teaching in Nursing and Health Professions, University of Maryland School of Nursing, 2009
- Certificate General Administration, University of Maryland College Park, 1991
- MS, Gerontological Nursing, Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Maryland School of Nursing, 1991
- BSN, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 1977
- Werner, P., Cohen-Mansfield, J., Koroknay, V., Braun, J. (1995). The impact of reducing restraints on nursing home staff attitudes. Journal of Gerontological Nursing,21, (1), p.19.
- Koroknay, V., Werner, P., Cohen-Mansfield, J. Braun, J.(1995) Maintaining ambulation in the Frail nursing home resident: A nursing administered walking program. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 21, (11):18-24.
- Koroknay, V. (1997). Collaborating for our Patients' Well-Being, Editorial. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, Vol 23 (6): 3-4.
- Koroknay, V. Common clinical problems; Physiological, (1995). In M.A. Anderson and J. Braun, (Eds.). Caring for the Elderly Client, Textbook on Gerontological Nursing, F.A. Davis.
- Koroknay, V. Rehabilitation Principles, (1996). In A.S. Luggen, (Ed.) National Gerontological Nurses’ Association, Core Curriculum For Gerontology Nursing. Mosby, St. Louis, MO.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- NURS 330: Adult Health Nursing
- NURS 331: Gerontological Nursing
Academic & Professional Activities:
- 2009 – Present: Member Sigma Theta Tau National Nurses’ Honor Society, Secretary Pi Chapter
- Editorial Advisory Board Journal of Gerontological Nursing
- Member Hadassah Nurses Council, Greater Washington Area