Shannon Reedy Idzik, DNP, CRNP, CCRN
Director, DNP Program
Assistant Professor, OSAH
- DNP, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2010
- Post-Master’s Certificate, Teaching in Nursing and Health Professions Certificate Program, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2009
- MS, Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2003
- BS, Nursing, York College of Pennsylvania, York, PA, 1996
- Reedy, S. & Blum, K. (2010). Applying Middle Range Nursing Theory to Bariatric Surgery Patients: Experiencing Transitions. Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care. 5 (1), 35-43.
- Koo, L., Reedy, S. & Smith, J. (2010). Peripheral Edema: Assessment, differential diagnosis, and treatment. The Nurse Practitioner, 35(3), 44-52.
- Kutten, J. & Reedy, S. (2009). Are you tuned in to your deaf patients? The Nurse Practitioner, 34(8), 44-49.
- Reedy, S. (2009). An evidence based review of obesity and bariatric surgery. Journal for Nurse Practitioners. January 2009.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Co-Director for Adult-Gerontologic Nurse Practitioner Specialty
- NURS 619: Clinical Practicum in Primary Care I
- NURS 620: Diagnosis & Management in Adult Primary Care I
- NRSG 630: Advanced Primary Care Clinical
- NURS 716: Diagnosis & Management in Adult Primary Care II
- NURS 717: Clinical Practicum in Primary Care II
- NURS 768: Clinical Practicum for Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 788: Complex Clinical Practicum for Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 789: Advanced Diagnosis and Management of Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 794: Advanced Clinical Practicum for Adults Across the Lifespan
- NDNP 810: Capstone Project Identification
Academic & Professional Activities:
- Faculty Practice Site: University of Maryland Medical Center
- Reviewer for Journal of Nurse Practitioners and Geriatric Nursing
- Secretary, Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland
- Treasurer, National Association of Bariatric Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau, Pi chapter