Robyn Gilden, PhD, RN
Assistant Professor, FCH
- PhD, Nursing Research, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 2010
- Post–MS, Environmental Health Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 2003
- MS, Community and Public Health Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 2001
- BS, Nursing, Salisbury State University, Salisbury, MD, 1997 (Summa Cum Laude)
Areas of Interest:
- Risk Communication
- Children’s Environments
- Gilden, R. (2010). Pesticides use in hospitals: health protection, health hazards, and viable alternatives. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 34(4): 320-6.
- Gilden, R., Huffling, K., & Sattler, B. (2010). Pesticides and health risks. Journal of Obstetrical Gynecological, and Neonatal Nursing, 39: 103-10.
- Gilden, R. (2003). Community involvement at hazardous waste sites: A review of policies from a nursing perspective. Policy, Politics & Nursing Practice, 4(1): 29-35.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- NURS 487: Senior Practicum, Community Health
- NURS 403: Community Health Clinical
- NURS 418: Environmental Health I
Academic & Professional Activities:
- 2009 - Present: Chair, Carroll County Environmental Advisory Council
- 2008 – Present: E-commons.org: A web portal for nurses interested in environmental health and the home of the Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments. Responsible for creative development and technical support of the site, connecting e-commons with social networking tools like FaceBook and Twitter, and coordinating with a multidisciplinary team.
- 2003-Present: Member, Carroll County Environmental Advisory Council
- 2001-Present: Environment Section member and Public Health Nursing Section member, American Public Health Association
- 2009: Press Conference, No More Toxic Tubs
- 2004 – 2008: Vice-Chair, Carroll County Environmental Advisory Council