Rachel Onello, PhD, RN, CHSE, CNE, CNL
You are here:
Assistant Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-5974
Fax Number: 410-706-0344
- PhD, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, 2015
- MS, Clinical Nurse Leader, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, 2007
- BS, Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, College Park, 2005
- Co-Investigator, Development and implementation of a statewide preceptor program to support APRN nursing student’s education and role development, Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission (NSP II) Grant, $470,659 (2015-2018).
- Principal Investigator, Assessing the quality of feedback during clinical learning: Development of the Feedback Assessment for Clinical Education (FACE), Nursing Educator Doctoral Grant, Maryland Higher Education Commission, $30,000 (2014-2015).
- Onello, R., & Regan, M. (2013). Challenges to high fidelity simulation: Risk sensitization and outcome measurement. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 18(3).
- Regan, M. J., & Onello, R. (2013). Knowledge, action, and reflection: A theoretically based model for use with high fidelity simulation in nursing education. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 3(7), 106-113.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 501: Pathophysiological and Pharmacological Bases for Nursing Practice
- NURS 523: Clinical Nurse Leader Emphasis Practicum
Academic & Professional Activities
- 2015-2017: Member, Entry Level Curriculum Committee
- 2015-2017: Member, Student Affairs Committee
- 2014-2016: Member, UMSON Technology and Simulation Advisory Committee
- 2014-2015: National League for Nursing Jonas Scholar
- 2014-2015: Member, UMB Faculty Senate
- 2011-Present: Member, UMSON Undergraduate Admissions Committee
- 2010-2011: National League for Nursing LEAD Program Fellow
- Member, International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau, Pi Chapter
- Member, Society for Simulation in Healthcare