Pat McLaine, DrPH, MPH, RN
- DrPH, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Baltimore, MD.
Dissertation Title: The Association between Elevated Blood Lead Levels and Reading Readiness in Kindergarten Children
- MPH, Occupational Health, The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, MD, 1987
- BSN, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 1981
- Co-investigator, Reducing Asthma Disparities: Baltimore Initiative, CDC, 2008-2011
- Co-investigator, Randomized community trial of Nurse Case Management for children with moderately elevated lead levels (15-19µg/dL), CDC
- Principal Investigator, Lead in Soil Project, sub-project of Boston Department of Neighborhood Development, Lead-Safe Boston Program, funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, 1999-2001.
- Wilson,W., Dixon, S., Galke, W., McLaine, P. An investigation of dust lead sampling locations and children’s blood lead levels. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology: 17:2-12, 2007.
- Dixon, S., McLaine, P., Kawecki, C., Maxfield, R., Duran, S., Hynes, P., Plant, T. The effectiveness of low-cost soil treatments to reduce soil and dust hazards: the Boston lead safe yards low cost lead in soil treatment, demonstration and evaluation. Environmental Research, Volume 102, Issue 1, September 2006, pages 113-124.
- McLaine, P., Shields, W., Farfel, M., Chisolm, J. J., Dixon, S. A coordinated relocation strategy for case management of lead poisoned children: outcomes and costs. Journal of Urban Health, (January 2006).
- Brown, MJ, McLaine, P, Dixon, S, Simon, P. A randomized community-based trial of home visiting to reduce blood lead levels in children. Pediatrics (January 2006).
- Galke, W., Clark, S., McLaine, P., Bornschein, R., Wilson, J., Succop, P., Roda, S., Breysee, J., Jacobs, D., Grote, J., et al. National evaluation of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Grant Program: study methods. Environmental Research, Volume 98, Issue 3, July 2005, pages 315-328.
- Clark. S., Grote, J., Wilson, J., Succop, P., Chen, M., Galke, W., and McLaine, P. Occurrence and determinants of increases in blood lead levels in children shortly after lead hazard control activities. Environmental Research (October 2004).
- Clark, S., Chen, M., McLaine, P, Galke, W., Menrath, W., Buncher, R., Succop, P., and Dixon, S. Prevalence and location of teeth marks observed during XRF testing of dwellings in the national evaluation of the HUD Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Grant Program, Applied Occupational and Environmental Hygiene (September 2002).
- Litt, J., Hynes, H. P., Carroll, P., Maxfield, R., McLaine, P., and Kawecki, C. Lead Safe Yards: a program for improving health in urban neighborhoods. Journal of Urban Technology Vol.9, No 2: 71-93, 2002.
- Galke, W., Clark, S., Wilson, J., Succop, P., Dixon, S., Bornschein, R., McLaine, P., Chen, M., and D. Jacobs. Evaluation of the HUD Lead Hazard Control Grant Program: early overall findings.Environmental Research (June 2001).
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 508 Community Public Health Nursing Clinical (Spring 2010, Fall 2010)
- NURS 762 Practicum in Program Planning and Evaluation (Spring 2010)
- NURS 622 (Web-based) Systems and Populations in Health (Summer 2010)
- NURS 753 Practicum in Leadership in Community/Public Health
Academic & Professional Activities
- 1998-2005: Advisory Committee on Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, appointed member - 11/17/93 - 5/31/97, Ex-Officio/liaison member
- 2003-2004: Chair of Primary Prevention Work Group
- 2008-Present: Member of Educational Workgroup
- 1981-Present: American Nurses Association
- Chairperson, Nursing Advisory Committee on Practice, Cleveland Health Department, local bargaining unit, 2/83 - 10/84; Chairperson of local bargaining unit, Cleveland Health Department, 8/83 - 10/84.
- 1979-Present: American Public Health Association
- 1987-Present: Delta Omega, National Honor Society for Public Health
- 2002-Present: Maryland Lead Commission
- 2010 - Present: Chair of Task Force to Evaluate 2010 Plan
- 1982-1987: Ohio Public Health Association
- 1981-Present: Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society for Nursing
- 1996-Present: Periodic peer reviewer for Environmental Research