Patricia D. Franklin, PhD, RN
Director, Office of Professional Education
Assistant Professor, PPEP
Phone Number: 410-706-7630
- PhD, George Mason University, College of Health and Human Services, Fairfax, VA, 2013
- MSN, Catholic University, Washington, D.C., 1980
- BS, Salve Regina College, Newport, RI, 1975
- “Leadership Consortium for Practice and Education” Franklin, P.D.(PI) and Montgomery, K.L. Co-PI, The Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission and the Maryland Higher Education Commission for the Nurse Support Program II, #NSPII-703, 7/1/2015-6/30/2020, $2,500,000.
- Kitsantas, P., Gaffney, K. F., Bunch, S. & Franklin, P. (2011). Maternal race, weight for gestational age, and infant survival. Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, 4, 353–361.
- Franklin, P. D., Archbald, P. G., Fagin, C. M., Sofaer, S., Galik, E., Siegel, E. & Firminger, K. (2011). Building Academic Geriatric Nursing Capacity (BAGNC): Results after the first 10 years and implications for the future. Nursing Outlook, Jul; 59, 198-205.
- Buckwalter, K. C. & Franklin, P. D. (2010). Gerontological Nursing Academic Capacity Survey: second year brings new format. Research in Gerontological Nursing, 3, 75-81
Primary Teaching Areas
- NRSG 782: Health Systems & Health Policy: Leadership & Quality Improvement
- NDNP 817: Practice Leadership within Complex Adaptive Healthcare Systems
- NDNP 814: Practicum Interprofessional Leadership in Complex Adaptive Systems
Academic & Professional Activities
- Member & Past President, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Member & Annual Conference Planning Committee Member, Southern Nursing Research Society
- Member, Maryland Chesapeake Chapter NAPNAP