Megan Doede, MS, RN
Clinical Instructor, FCH
Phone Number: 410-706-6837
Fax Number: 410-706-0253
- Doctoral Candidate, Nursing, University of Maryland School of Nursing, present.
- M.S., Community and Public Health Nursing, University of Maryland School of Nursing, 2013.
- B.S.N. Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, 2000.
- B.A. Hood College, 1998
- Currently conducting dissertation research investigating the impact of single family room layout on neonatal nurses’ work.
- Doede, M., Trinkoff, A.M., & Gurses, A.P. (2017). Neonatal intensive care unit layout and nurses' work. Health Environments Research and Design. In press.
- Doede, M. (2017). Race as a predictor of job satisfaction and turnover in US nurses. The Journal of Nursing Management. 25(3), 207-214
- Doede, M. (2016). Black jobs matter: Racial inequalities in conditions of employment and subsequent health outcomes. Public Health Nursing. 33(2), 151-158.
- Kaufmann, K., Doede, M., Diaz-Abad, M., Schark, S.M., Bell-Farrell, W., Rogers, V.E., & Geiger Brown, J. (2014). Experience of insomnia, symptom attribution and treatment preferences in individuals with moderate to severe COPD: A qualitative study. Journal of Patient Preference and Adherence. 8, 1699-1704.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 467 Public Health Nursing Essentials for the Registered Nurse
Academic and Professional Activities
- Member, Association for Community Health Nurses Educators
- Member, Southern Nurses Research Society
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International, Pi Chapter
- Contributor, Policy Prescriptions