Marik Moen, MPH, MSN, RN
Assistant Professor, FCH
- MSN, Community Health Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2006
- MPH, Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2006
- BSN, Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2003
- BA, Political Science and Environmental Studies, Carleton College, Northfield, MN, 1997
- Johnson, J.V., Iwu, E.N., Riel, R.F., Ogbolu, Y., Moen, M. Preparing Nurses for Leadership Roles in Global Health: The University of Maryland School of Nursing’s New Post-Master’s Certificate in Global Health. Nursing and Midwifery Links: Official Publication of the Global Network of WHO Collaborating Centers for Nursing and Midwifery Development, in press, 2010.
- Irene Ekwede, I., Ezebuihe, I., Orwenyo, C., Iwu, E., Moen, M., Riel, R.F., Johnson, J.V. Exploring the Expanding Role of Nursing and the Process of Task Shifting in Nigeria. Nursing and Midwifery Links: Official Publication of the Global Network of WHO Collaborating Centers for Nursing and Midwifery Development, in press, 2010.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Coordinator International Nurse Exchange Program, UMSON, Office of Global Health, and Pennsylvania MidAtlantic AETC Hazel Jones Parker–a precepted training visit for 9 international nurses November 2009 and February 2010 to Baltimore, University of Maryland HIV/AIDS and School of Nursing clinical and education sites.
- Lead instructor: The Essentials of Global Health Nursing course- an overview of major issues affecting global population health and the role of nursing in global health.
- Post-graduate curriculum and training modules and agenda for 4 basic nursing certifications in Haiti on : Trauma/Critical Care Nursing; Perioperative Trauma Operating Room Nursing; Rehabilitation Nursing; Infectious Diseases Nursing as part of CDC-funded collaborative project with Catholic Relief Services and the University of Notre Dame d’Haiti School of Nursing, Port au Prince, Haiti.
- Curriculum development for nursing training, mentoring, service expansion, quality improvement, community care integration projects as part of AIDSRelief/PEPFAR.
Academic & Professional Activities:
- 2002-2011: American Heart Association CPR
- 2004-2010: Association of Nurses in AIDS Care
- 2006-2010: American Nurses’ Association
- 2006-2010: Maryland Nurses’ Association
- 2006-2010: Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society
- 2008-2010: Southern Nursing Research Society
- 2010: Director at large, Chesapeake Chapter, Association of Nurses in AIDS Care