Laura Warnock Koo, MS, RN, CRNP
Clinical Instructor, OSAH
- Post-Master's Certificate, Teaching in Nursing and Health Professions, University of Maryland School of Nursing, 2006
- MS, Nursing, Community Health Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner Program, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, 2000
- BS, Nursing, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, 1995
- BA, Spanish, University of Maryland College Park, College Park, Maryland, 1993
- Koo, L. & McClure, K. (Eds.) (in press). Chapter 22 Gynecologic disorders. In: Nettina, S. (Ed.), Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice, 10th Edition. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkens.
- Koo, L. (2011). Continuing Education Offering: Preventing pediatric prescription-nonprescription drug interactions. ADVANCE for Nurses, 13(10).
- Koo, L., Reedy, S., & Smith, J. (2010). Patient history key to diagnosing peripheral edema. The Nurse Practitioner, 35(3), 44-52.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Graduate: Adult and Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program Diagnosis and Management Courses
- NURS 777: Diagnosis & Management of Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 768: Clinical Practicum for Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 788: Complex Clinical Practicum for Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 789: Advanced Diagnosis & Management for Adults Across the Lifespan
- NURS 794: Advanced Clinical Practicum for Adults Across the Lifespan
- Undergraduate: Health Assessment labs, Context of Health Care I
- Elective: Spanish for Health Care Professionals
Academic & Professional Activities:
- Sigma Theta Tau, member
- 2004-2010, 2011: Faculty Practice Site: Governor's Wellmobile in Prince Georges County
- Health Literacy Maryland, steering committee member